Bruno Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying you’re wrong, but you’ve not once considered that our squad is effectively full for non homegrown player.

Next summer, you’re right, we’re likely to lose Silva, Bravo, Fernandinho & possibly Gundogan.
That gives a lot of flexibility, this summer we have little wiggle room.
Homegrown or not. We need to plan for next season's possibilities now. Homegrown, club trained or foreign, that's where our player acquisition team come in.

Homegrown or not. We need to plan for next season's possibilities now. Homegrown, club trained or foreign, that's where our player acquisition team come in.

Yes, but you’re advocating signing players we simply have no room for.
We simply can’t sign players for a ‘what if’ scenario. We don’t have the squad space and we don’t have that philosophy, we’re not United.

Let’s not forget, many said we couldn’t cope if we didn’t sign help/replacement for Fernandinho. That ended ok.

There’s one thing for certain, we will be planning.

Nope, you still haven't grasped any of what I've said. I've tried, but I can't dumb it down any further for you. However, its really simple bruv..... I'll break it down into a series of simplified questions for you. If you could reply to each question in turn, that would be great.

1. Is there a remote possibility that in 12 months time, City could be facing a transfer ban, along with Silva, Fernandinho & Gundog possibly all leaving? Yes or no?

2. If we don't plan for this remote possibility now & the worst comes to the worst, who will replace Silva, Fernandinho & Gundog internally?

3. If you can name these internal players, are they currently at the level of, or better than Silva, Fernandinho & Gundog?

4. If these internal players aren't as good as Silva, Fernandinho & Gundog, wouldn't you agree we'd essentially be weakening our squad?

5. If the worst came to pass in 12 months time, & it was clear Txiki, Pep, Ferran & Khaldoon knew the remote risks we faced, but did nothing about it, do you believe this to be OK, or would you say our player acquisition team had dropped the ball so to speak?
1. No.
2. Won’t happen who cares.
3. As #2
4. As #2
5. As #2

Yes, but you’re advocating signing players we simply have no room for.
We simply can’t sign players for a ‘what if’ scenario. We don’t have the squad space and we don’t have that philosophy, we’re not United.

Let’s not forget, many said we couldn’t cope if we didn’t sign help/replacement for Fernandinho. That ended ok.

There’s one thing for certain, we will be planning.
Where have I said we need to sign 3-4 players?

Just a quick reminder; this thread is about Bruno Fernandes, & the impending departure of David Silva in 12 months time.

The points are, will Foden be ready to replace Silva in 12 months time over a 60 game season? OR should we pursue Fernandes now in anticipation of Silva leaving?

All the other points have arisen from this.

I've championed Zinchenko from the day I saw him in a pre-season match 3 years ago. I've championed his never say die spirit & the belief he has in his ability, & no-one could have been more pleased than myself with what he produced for us last season. The way he's handled himself, will hopefully send out the right message to all academy graduates as to what can happen if they properly apply themselves to their craft.

However, last season we also tried Laporte, Walker & Danilo at left back with none particularly impressing. Delph was suffering from injury & a seeming loss of confidence from Guardiola, so in all this adversity Zinchenko emerged. The difference though is that Zinchenko was the best of all the options we had.

When planning, I find it best to plan for the worse case scenario, so that anything better than that then becomes a bonus. Are you seriously suggesting that Pep, Txiki, Ferran & Khaldoon are currently sat there scouring our academy's midfield to possibly replace David Silva, Gundog & Fernandinho for a 60 game season next year?

OK worst case scenario. Which 2 academy products alongside Foden (who isn't ready to replace Silva yet imi) do you suggest we bring through to help fight on all 4 fronts for a full season?
It's almost like your completely unaware of the signings we already made, Angelino at LB and Rodri at DM.

Mendy/Angelino/Zinchenko at LB isnt enough for you?

Rodri/New DM/Zinchenko isnt enough for you at DM?

Which brings me back to also, you dont trust Zinchenko to play ad an 8? Because if you truly believe in his talent, then you would know he can play there.

In terms of the academy, Felix can get Fodens old minutes as an example, you seem to he forgetting that this is for NEXT YEAR not this upcoming season.

And I still stand by my claim, once you see this season what a talent Foden is you will be more calmer in having him take over David's role. Again, I'm jealous that you still dont see Fodens talent, because when you see it, you will be so happy.

So essentially, you haven't a Scooby, & you couldn't care less? So may I ask why are you commenting? :-)
No, I trust the Sheikh, Khaldoon, Txiki, Ferran and Pep to get at least one if not both Fernandinho and Gundogan’s contracts renewed judging by their track record of contract renewals over the past few years including Ederson, Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Laporte, Zinchenko, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Sterling, Jesus and Aguero.

The only player who has walked away after failing to renew his contract was Sancho in those years, so thank you, yes I do care, oh and stop being a fucking pussy!!!

It's almost like your completely unaware of the signings we already made, Angelino at LB and Rodri at DM.

Mendy/Angelino/Zinchenko at LB isnt enough for you?

Rodri/New DM/Zinchenko isnt enough for you at DM?

Which brings me back to also, you dont trust Zinchenko to play ad an 8? Because if you truly believe in his talent, then you would know he can play there.

In terms of the academy, Felix can get Fodens old minutes as an example, you seem to he forgetting that this is for NEXT YEAR not this upcoming season.

And I still stand by my claim, once you see this season what a talent Foden is you will be more calmer in having him take over David's role. Again, I'm jealous that you still dont see Fodens talent, because when you see it, you will be so happy.

Not that I’m involved in this mother’s meeting but I would trust Zinchenko to play in net, as centre forward or as the back to the woman who cleans the bogs.

He’s that adaptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.