BT Broadband Streaming Problems

argyle

Hi all, I need help. I'll understand if this get's deleted though.

I watch football and other sports through a streaming website (I won't mention it here) however recently I can't seem to get the streams to play.

Tried clearing cache etc but no luck. Tried other browsers and again no luck. There are no problems at their end.

I tried on my phone with just using data and the streams worked but then as soon as I clicked to go on wireless the streams stopped.

My questions is could BT have done something to stop this streams from working? And is anyone with BT Broadband experiencing the same problem?

I've no problem getting to the website but it's just streams won't work. I went to another streaming site and the streams worked fine, it's just that website isn't as good.

Hi all, I need help. I'll understand if this get's deleted though.

I watch football and other sports through a streaming website (I won't mention it here) however recently I can't seem to get the streams to play.

Tried clearing cache etc but no luck. Tried other browsers and again no luck. There are no problems at their end.

I tried on my phone with just using data and the streams worked but then as soon as I clicked to go on wireless the streams stopped.

My questions is could BT have done something to stop this streams from working? And is anyone with BT Broadband experiencing the same problem?

I've no problem getting to the website but it's just streams won't work. I went to another streaming site and the streams worked fine, it's just that website isn't as good.
If the streams are from dodgy sites then the isp is probably blocking them. I’m on BT and I used to get it using Kodi where you could see the file but it wouldn’t play. Solution is to either find a stream that isn’t blocked which is often quite difficult or use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) which sets up an IP tunnel between you an the source which is encrypted end to end. The latter is the best option and services like Nord VPN, IP Vanish etc are pretty good and work on Android, windows, apple etc. Dead easy to install and setup, just select a country of your choice where you would like to appear as being in and you are away. Normally find that all Eastern European countries and their ISPs are not bothered so somewhere like Bulgaria or Croatia work really well. As an added bonus its also useful to have a VPN when travelling as you can still get uk channels and iPlayer by pretending to be in the uk as long as you turn off your gps before launching it.
Hope that helps.

If the streams are from dodgy sites then the isp is probably blocking them. I’m on BT and I used to get it using Kodi where you could see the file but it wouldn’t play. Solution is to either find a stream that isn’t blocked which is often quite difficult or use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) which sets up an IP tunnel between you an the source which is encrypted end to end. The latter is the best option and services like Nord VPN, IP Vanish etc are pretty good and work on Android, windows, apple etc. Dead easy to install and setup, just select a country of your choice where you would like to appear as being in and you are away. Normally find that all Eastern European countries and their ISPs are not bothered so somewhere like Bulgaria or Croatia work really well. As an added bonus its also useful to have a VPN when travelling as you can still get uk channels and iPlayer by pretending to be in the uk as long as you turn off your gps before launching it.
Hope that helps.

Thanks, I was hoping not to get a VPN (extra cost etc), but will look into it. Is there any VPN's you can trial?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.