BT Sport commentary v Arsenal (A)

I know, it's lfc level of injustice and outrage, but I think it needs saying because as a fanbase we too should have a bit of clout.

it's obvious BT have this hate-city clickbait thing going on. They bring in pundits of our rivals the day we're playing them. They actively create outage at the latest something City have "got away with" (it's not just the arsenal game).

The in game commentary is disgusting (my pov) but is actually proven to be so, you only have to listen to Ian Darke, or listen to the constant reeling off of our player transfer fees. The co-commentator is nearly always one of our rivals z-list pundits like "macca" and his bitterness, indifference and narrative is obvious (if not boring because they're totally not invested in the game once we score or look like winning).

Basically I think it's obvious city are being used as some sort of panto villain for their coverage, which is ok, that's how things work, but as a fanbase shouldn't we just boycott that shit? And tell them so? We deserve better coverage if we're also paying for their service, just fairness.
I think your first few words sum up the idea for me

I use an IPTV and enjoy their salty tears almost as much as the matches themselves.

I have it for the Premiership rugby.

I turn down the commentary on our games these days though, it’s far too biased and just makes me angry how they squeal with delight if a plucky underdog strings three passes together against us.

It’s even worse when we play a foreign side, normally English sport is the last bastion of acceptable journalistic jingoism, except when they play us, when it feels to me as though the commentators are willing an opposition goal.

If my only option to watch the game was BT Sport, I'd listen to it on GMR instead.

Cancelled mine on Saturday as I just had it on a month by month subscription. Literally only watch City away games on it. Not paying them any more of my money.

Guys, their coverage is shite and they have a savvy social media team that drives controversy as engagement, take it with a pinch of salt and move on with your lives. It's a mild bank holiday Monday, we are nearing the end of covid, and City are playing football you could not dream of a decade ago, if you don't want to pay/watch then don't but go for a walk and look forward to the next game, the obsession won't be good for anyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.