Btl sport

m7mcfc

Feck me I'm waiting Leeds v Chelsea from 1969 there killing each other. Jack Charlton basically did Hudson in.totaly brutal but how football should be. Pansy's these days.

The standard of football was pretty shite back then. The Lord giveth....
I,understand you but don't you think football was better them days. You must have been young once proper tackles getting stuck in brilliant. Sunday league football was an eye opener I played for the Temlple on Cheetham Hill now that was an experience. 40 fellas drinking Red Stripe and smoking weed on the sidelines. The opposition where petrified.

I,understand you but don't you think football was better them days. You must have been young once proper tackles getting stuck in brilliant. Sunday league football was an eye opener I played for the Temlple on Cheetham Hill now that was an experience. 40 fellas drinking Red Stripe and smoking weed on the sidelines. The opposition where petrified.
I'm conflicted because I like that side of the game; football is such a beautiful spectacle because of its physicality.

However, to play the game with flair and skill - and win - is even more beautiful.

And yes, I played Sunday league; but I was always too much of a fanny to ever make a worthwhile impact. I had a great first touch, but no real heart. Not on the football field. Strange, because I love football and I'd have loved to have played the game to a decent standard - but I never really had the requisite drive to actually keep pace with those ambitions. And yet no-one who knows me in real life could ever accuse me of lacking ambition.

I'm definitely a crazy mix of workaholic and bone-idle ****. I can spend 20 hours alone in the office on a weekend, followed by a day on the sofa, and feel equally happy with both.

Feck me I'm waiting Leeds v Chelsea from 1969 there killing each other. Jack Charlton basically did Hudson in.totaly brutal but how football should be. Pansy's these days.

The game has changed. You don't see piles of straw by the side of the pitch in mid winter these days.

Personally, I prefer the game now. I think a skillful player being able to entertain us without some neanderthal meathead chopping them in half because it's the only way their limited skill can cope with their opponents trickery is much better than it was.

I remember being disappointed when Pele was booted and kicked out of the world cup in 1966. I wanted to see him play, not scythed down by some player I'd never heard of.

I know what you mean that today's players are a bunch of pansies, feigning injury and all that nonsense, but I'd rather watch them in full flow doing what they can do, than some clodhopper taking them down because they think they're hard.

Leeds were probably the most hated team way back in those days thanks to their "style" of play which basically was win at all costs.Dirty and cheating springs to mind,but they were worse than that.
Chelsea were no angels though and could certainly mix it with players like Chopper Harris getting stuck in without any concerns about the welfare of his opponents.
Just getting back to Leeds and one of the most hated and despised players was a certain Alan Clarke.The year after we won the First Divisions (1967/68) we played Leicester away early season and we lost 3-0 with Alan Clarke scoring a bastard hat trick against us.The following season he went to Leeds.

You should watch those two clubs at it in the cup final replay at the swamp in 1970

I watched that live and it reminded me of the doings at the Roman Colosseum! I think it was at this point where fans, advertisers, and the FArce decided that the game was going downhill and would soon lose a lot of the qualities that attracts people to the game. Leeds were just the dirtiest, nastiest side going! They didn't just have the odd assassino, they had nearly a team full. About the only player who didn't end up doling out the general thuggery was the goalkeeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.