Buddhism

Blue Smarties

Now me being a soft arse, I normally get roped into buying rubbish from street sellers because they talk me into it and I feel sorry for them. A Buddhist group were on Market ST today and one caught me whilst walking past for a quick chat. He offered me a book about Buddhism for a read (VEDA, Secrets From The East) for free but I could donate £3 or £4 for the printing if I wanted as they don't sell the books because they're Buddhist's (he only mentioned this when I had it in hand!). So anyway, short story is I got roped into buying another thing from a street seller which I have a no use for.

Anyway, having checked it out I think I'll give it a read. It actually looks quite interesting. Now I'm not someone for religion at all so I'll just be reading it to check what they're all about etc.

Anyone a Buddhist or find that area interesting? Like I said, I'll give it a read... may aswell.

I got roped in a few years back, same scenario, they give you the book, then ask for a donation. Mine was a Hare Krishna, did read a bit of it and to be truthful there was some sense in there, but i think you could say that about all religious documents.

The book sellers are usually Hare Krishna which I believe is a higher form of Hinduism. They're often teeotal, vegan and have no desire for material items. It's not really a way to live in the modern world, IMHO.

I'm not so knowledgable about Buddhism but I don't think I could look at a disabled person and tell them they're paying for sins committed in a past life.

Buddhist barstards going round bombing people who dare to disagree with their religion ffs

I keep toying with the idea of reading around Buddhism.

I am totally atheist but from what I have read about Buddhism is agree with a lot of the lessons it teaches etc, still doesn't make me believe in reincarnation but I do still want to read more.

I attend meditation classes at our local Buddhist Centre once a week. While I'm not totally au fait with the theology, it's a practice that is provenly effective in the treatment of hypomania and anxiety and helps me a very great deal.

For those of you based in the Motherland, Manchester Buddhist Centre is very good indeed.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchesterbuddhistcentre.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchesterbuddhistcentre.org.uk/</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.