Budding writers please apply here...

sweenyuk

I produce a magazine for the Disabled Supporters Association that is aimed to be of interest to all supporters. Issue one can be seen at http://www.access4blues.co.uk/

We distribute 1,000 hard copies outside the Etihad Stadium free of charge and run an online version. The magazine has two aims:

1. To educate - with articles on disability
  2. To entertain - with articles on city, players, games etc
Reading articles on shared memories is proven to help people with dementia and also helps those who feel isolated through their disability feel part of the City family. These shared memories also ensure the magazine is of interest to all supporters with the aim it will be passed on after being read.

My next issue is due out end of August with an end of July deadline for content to my publisher. At this stage I am intending this edition to be titled "Champions Special" so am looking for articles about either this season just finished or previous league winning teams. Articles can be about a favourite game, an individual player, the records/stats from the season pretty much anything that you feel will interest the reader. If you are happy to contribute please contact me via our website www.mcdsa.co.uk

I am also looking for positive articles around disabilities so if you work with a charity, have a health condition or know someone who would like to help contribute to the education pages please contact me via our website www.mcdsa.co.uk

The magazine is 100% funded through advertising so free articles cant be blatant adverts but cheeky references to your blogs, books, work etc can be included

Hi Sweeney, this is a brilliant idea. My father has dementia, so I'd love to contribute if possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.