Budgie

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Cracking article - get him in training with the prima donnas

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1372062/John-Burridge-interview.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rview.html</a>?

I was in HMV yesterday and found a copy of his book, he's wearing a City goalkeepers kit on the cover. I flicked to the section about his time with us, he doesn't have a bad word and actually says we're one of the best clubs he ever played for. He was a maverick and an interesting guy. I once read that he used to watch Match of The Day in his kit, including boots!

squirtyflower said:
so it's not a thread about an eccentric drummer then

ha ha as a BIG Siouxsie fan, that is what I thought this thread was about!!

I recall sitting in the family stand at Maine Road when he was sub...he would go to the tunnel exit under the family stand to warm up during the game. He would smack the ball against the wall and dive to save the rebound. On concrete! Spent more time watching him than the game!

He holds the Premier League record as the oldest ever player to appear at 43.

Swales lives said:
Always remember him (when he was our sub-keeper) warming up down the side of the pitch at Maine Road. He used to find a puddle and roll around in it, like a Springer Spaniel or something. Then return to the bench covered in shit. I used to piss me'sides at him.
His warm ups were very entertaining and very intense, none of the ambling around you get from subs nowadays, and to think he really had no chance off coming on, has to be the craziest player to play for us makes ballotelli look like normal guy by comparison

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.