Builders, to screed or not to screed,,

Tragic meat van guy

Afternoon bluemoon,
Looking for some trade advice please.

Were extending the house and were the existing concrete floor meets the new concrete floor there is about an inch of brick from the old wall in the way from making it flat and the levels themselves are slightly out.
I've been advised due to neednig to level an inch, self leveller is not an option.

Was advised to screed it but we want it asphalted as well.
The asphalters are saying dont screed it as the asphalt will suck out the moisture and the floor will bow a possibly crack.

They reckon grit sand and then asphalt which is easier and cheaper. In this case will easier and cheaper cause me a fuck load of problems later on or is this in fact the best way to go.

Also is £19 m2 a decent price for this (if anyone on here does this cheaper and can get to Warrington and do the work this week or over the weekend give me a shout :-)

Thanks in advance

Afternoon bluemoon,
Looking for some trade advice please.

Were extending the house and were the existing concrete floor meets the new concrete floor there is about an inch of brick from the old wall in the way from making it flat and the levels themselves are slightly out.
I've been advised due to neednig to level an inch, self leveller is not an option.

Was advised to screed it but we want it asphalted as well.
The asphalters are saying dont screed it as the asphalt will suck out the moisture and the floor will bow a possibly crack.

They reckon grit sand and then asphalt which is easier and cheaper. In this case will easier and cheaper cause me a fuck load of problems later on or is this in fact the best way to go.

Also is £19 m2 a decent price for this (if anyone on here does this cheaper and can get to Warrington and do the work this week or over the weekend give me a shout :-)

Thanks in advance
Asphalt indoors?

new-mastic-asphalt-floor-york-house.jpg

its call mastic asphalting i think, warmer than laying carpet / flooring straight onto concrete, provides a membrane to deter damp, stops my house being so fucking bastard dusty until we get the flooring down.

Oh, and hopefully makes the floor level too, when used with grit sand underneath??? Anyone??

You can get some self levelling compound that can be put down deep. We levelled a kitchen floor that was all over the place, deepest part was 70mm out.

Think it was a 2 part deep fill, not sure on the make though, wasn't cheap either

Cheers highflyingblue, The floors are pretty flat tbf its this brick lip in the middle of the rrom thats the issue, been advised that self leveller wont cut it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.