Bundesliga 2017/18

Just got home from a great trip.

Frankfurt 2 Monchengladbach 0 (great game that swung on a missed penalty. Kevin Prince Boateng is still a major player, despite seemingly being about 45.

Cologne 1 Augsburg 1 (I think Cologne will stay up, but it’s going to be nervy)

Leverkusen 2 Mainz 0 (Leverkusen played some great football, whilst a certain Mr N De Jong was chugging along in the Mainz midfield.

The only advice I would give to anybody attending their first game, is to arrive early, as the security queues are worse than the Etihad. You can take beer to your seat, so it's not as though you've got to have one last pint in the pub.

One more thing.

He scored a brilliant goal for Leverkusen yesterday, and I suspect that Leon Bailey will soon be playing in the Premier League
A speedy left footer, who can play on either wing, and he's actually qualified to play for Jamaica, Germany or England.

One more thing.

He scored a brilliant goal for Leverkusen yesterday, and I suspect that Leon Bailey will soon be playing in the Premier League
A speedy left footer, who can play on either wing, and he's actually qualified to play for Jamaica, Germany or England.

Yep - another cracker to add to his collection. Looks a very good player.

He's destined for bigger things than Leverkusen - think he will be in huge demand during the summer.

Bailey would be ideal as our third winger with Leroy and Raz. If we don't bring in an attacker this window, which I don't expect us to, I'd love to see us go all out for him in the summer.

He's destined for bigger things than Leverkusen -

Going to join Frankfurt then! :)

Jokes aside: Will be interesting to see for which national team he will play in the future. Doubt he will play for Jamaica, so it will come down to England and Germany. Not sure what I would pick to be honest. Might be easier to get a slot on the England roster.

I'm still learning the nuances of German humour, but I think this is serious.

Hertha offering supporters the opportunity to get a QR code tattooed that can be used to gain access to the stadium instead of a seasoncard.

I foresee a lot of potential problems, but one of them is that you can only pay for beers and good on a stadium card, so they would have to carry a card anyway....

I'm still learning the nuances of German humour, but I think this is serious.

Hertha offering supporters the opportunity to get a QR code tattooed that can be used to gain access to the stadium instead of a seasoncard.

I foresee a lot of potential problems, but one of them is that you can only pay for beers and good on a stadium card, so they would have to carry a card anyway....

What if you put weight on? Stretch marks...???

I actually think the Heartha Season ticket thing is a PR stunt and not an option available to all supporters.

From the video it sounds more like this is one person who is going to get the tattoo once they proved why they deserve it. But I could be wrong...Hertha seems to get desperate in their attempts to keep the ground full. ;)

Niko Kovac, who is currently is the coach of Eintracht Frankfurt, has become a lifelong member of the club recently.

Usually I don´t give a lot about players kissing the badge, claiming their loyality etc, but with Kovac I actually like the idea behind it and he wanted to become a member as Frankfurt is his first Bundesliga assignment as a coach and he wanted to appreciate the trust Frankfurt has put into him so far.

He is one of the few persons in modern football which I genuinely like, as he has already a couple of times voiced his opinion on important fan matters as well.

Not sure if everyone is aware, but this season there will be matches played on a couple of Mondays as well, which never happend before in the Bundesliga.

As someone who supports a team which played a couple of years in the 2nd division, where there is always one match on a Monday, I absolutely hate the idea as it is a pain in the ass especially for the travelling away support.

The first match will be Frankfurt at home against Leipzig. Distance between Leipzig and Frankfurt is roughly 400km and takes a little less than 4 hours by car, so it is basically impossible to do without taking a day/hours off at work.

Ultras Frankfurt and hopefully the rest of the Frankfurt support will boycott the game and not generate any atmosphere to protest against this new trend in German fooball.

Leipzig supporters won´t travel at all howver this sounds like a cheap excuse for them, as they only showed up with about 2000 last time we played anyway.

What if you put weight on? Stretch marks...???

To be fair you would want the tattoo to be somewhere convenient where the code can be easily scanned. So my first guess would be your arm...and to get stretch marks on your arm is a bit far fetched!

If you want to get your beer gut tattooed and undress at every home game to get the code scanned, I can see it becoming an issue over time. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.