Bundesliga 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did an 1860 game in 2007 in the Allianz.

The top tier was closed, but the Löwen supporters still created a great atmosphere, with groups behind each goal chanting at each other.
Usually quite a lot of tickets go on open sale, you should have no problem getting one.

No, even though I have a sister in Whitefield. I moved away for work and didn't have the chance to go anymore.

I am a season ticket holder with 1860. Most games sold out around 15000 in a dilapidated stadium with standing terraces. What happens in the future?, can't all stand next to each other.
1860 fans are great. We met up with a bunch of them at the pre-season friendly game in Rottach. That was a hell of a trip. We teamed up with them again when we played Bayern at the Allianz. They hate Bayern even more than we hate Liverpool and the Rags. In fact I have met loads of them on various trips to Munich. They are much like City were in our dark days and seem to have a very strong local support, especially in the working class areas of Munich.
Didn't they get 60,000 in the Allianz for the game when they went down to the third tier? You can hardly call them glory-hunters.
In contrast I have found Bayern fans to be the most arrogant bunch in Europe, worse than Liverpool in many ways and the atmosphere at their matches is very flat with just orchestrated chants from one end of the ground.
I would love it if CFG bought TSV 1860 and knocked Bayern off their perch.

1860 fans are great. We met up with a bunch of them at the pre-season friendly game in Rottach. That was a hell of a trip. We teamed up with them again when we played Bayern at the Allianz. They hate Bayern even more than we hate Liverpool and the Rags. In fact I have met loads of them on various trips to Munich. They are much like City were in our dark days and seem to have a very strong local support, especially in the working class areas of Munich.
Didn't they get 60,000 in the Allianz for the game when they went down to the third tier? You can hardly call them glory-hunters.
In contrast I have found Bayern fans to be the most arrogant bunch in Europe, worse than Liverpool in many ways and the atmosphere at their matches is very flat with just orchestrated chants from one end of the ground.
I would love it if CFG bought TSV 1860 and knocked Bayern off their perch.
You have summed it up perfectly there, and they play in sky blue.

In the same division as Ingolstadt - in fact, they are eachothers regional rivals as it stands.

If you need a hand with translating anything / want to know anything, give me a shout.

ive just had a look at the wiki page for Ingolstadt.
They have chopped and changed a bit over the years.
I also noted that they play 1860 in 4days and 17 hrs time. That’s if I read it correctly.
Will that game be played albeit behind closed doors?

ive just had a look at the wiki page for Ingolstadt.
They have chopped and changed a bit over the years.
I also noted that they play 1860 in 4days and 17 hrs time. That’s if I read it correctly.
Will that game be played albeit behind closed doors?
That game was the one that they should have finished the season with - I really wanted to go to it myself. However, it isn't being played - so I imagine that it is an error with Google or the website.

The 3. Liga (as well as the Regionalliga beneath) do not operate under the same governing body as the Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga (think Premier League and EFL). Thus, whilst the Bundesliga is aiming to restart this coming weekend, the 3. Liga is aiming for a restart to the season on the 26th May. If they do restart, it should be a decent enough watch, as the promotion and relegation race is extremely tight.

Regarding Ingolstadt, they are a weird one. Officially, they were only formed in 2004 after a merger between the town's traditional sporting organisations, ESV and MTV. Ingolstadt, as a town, only just over 100,000 inhabitants so it was always strange that there were two football clubs. Nonetheless, both sides has been as high as the 2. Bundesliga in the 1980s. With the combined power of both clubs, as well as some fortunate league restructuring, FC Ingolstadt (or the Schanzer as they are known) found themselves in the 3. Liga and then 2. Bundesliga. It was at this point that Audi, who are from Ingolstadt, began to get involved with the club on a very limited basis (Audi are more linked with Bayern). The club have only really been good under Ralph Hasenhüttl, who got them to the Bundesliga in 2015 and later left for Leipzig.

I don't really have a proper idea why I ended up following them. But I did! As the only Englishmen to support them, I seem to have gained somewhat of a cult status over there. I have been in a couple of German papers and write for the club (any English content you find on the official website is from me: https://www.fcingolstadt.de/en/home/). The last time I was over I was allowed to interview a player, they have also let me take part in the official press conference a few years ago. That reminds me of another weird story of when I was last over (the summer). I ended up playing against some of the first team coaching staff in a match at the club's training ground the same day I arrived. I evidently didn't have any boots with me, so they let me use an ex-players that they had left behind. Imagine that happening at City!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.