Bundesliga 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the town of Mainz get its name from the river Main?

Its actually an evolution of the roman name Moganticum which changed through the centuries to what we know as Mainz today.

There is actually a stupid joke with the name Mainz (you need to be pretty good at German to understand it as it is a play on words (and it is German humour which makes it even less funny).

There are two prostitutes standing on a bridge, overlooking the city of Mainz.

Prostitute 1 "Mainz is a shithole"
Prostitue 2 "Meins as well"

Yeah I know...at least I tried.

Its actually an evolution of the roman name Moganticum which changed through the centuries to what we know as Mainz today.

There is actually a stupid joke with the name Mainz (you need to be pretty good at German to understand it as it is a play on words (and it is German humour which makes it even less funny).

Well, I’m pretty good at German; I have a degree and I get it.

As for German humour, one of my all-time favourite TV shows was Die Wochenshow, which I thought was hilarious.

Vielen Dank für die Antwort.

I like it

Looking at the champions league and With the french/ german teams it’s more and more of a mess.

the french are off but PSG are through and Lyon drawing first leg.

RB Leipzig are through and Munich (3-0) have one foot there but they league will finish in 2 weeks time with a cup final in early July.

CL 2nd legs (8th August) and then that proposed mini tournament (12-23rd) will be a full month or more beyond that so RB and Munich could be rusty!

At least England, italy and Spain have led up that point with their remaining games and Cups throughout July.

who will be fresher? City could have 10+ games or Munich 2 weeks in the sun and 2 weeks training and treat it like preseason.

13 home wins in 60 games total since the league restarted.

Dortmund losing at home was surprising! (Although I know little of the german league to be honest as I've said before).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.