Bundesliga thread 2020/21

Oh bore off, spouting the same old tired rhetoric over and over. Bayern will dominate the Bundesliga for yonks to come and you know it ffs. At least try not to tap up other quality players from the same league to make it a mildly interesting competition while you're at it?
Why be abusive to. German football fan who is giving their opinion on a thread about German football?

What part of Maldeika’s post got you so angry?

If you don’t like the subject, why click on the thread?

This season is definitely survival of the fittest.

In terms of schedules, German and French teams are the best placed to succeed this season, even if it is busier than usual. I know there is not much of a winter break in Germany this season, but there are no free mid weeks whatsoever in England, and definitely no breaks. Spain and Italy are also massively impacted.

I think you're the best team in Europe at the minute and even if there is a slight drop off in performances due to fatigue or rotation, you will have enough to beat the second best team in Germany. Put Bayern Munich in any league in the world and I think you would win it though.

Aside from International breaks, the first "free midweek" English sides in Europe have is 19th/20th January. After that, if you're in the Europa, the next free midweek is April 19th/20th. Unbelievably, I believe there will be 3 games fit in during International breaks now!

This is before any postponements for Coronavirus, or bad weather etc.

The sheer volume of games would be great if we were allowed in the stadiums!

Bayern has a full schedule with 2 matches a week until December 23rd. No winter break - just free for Xmas and New Years until the next Bundesliga match on January 2nd. There is five weeks in January/February with just one match a week - but as the final for the South American Cup will be somewhen in January the FIFA Club World Cup might be played then, too...

The Cup match from last week that was shifted to give the players two weeks off after the CL tournament now is played on Thursday October 15th in a week during the international break (Germany plays Tuesday) - with a normal Bundesliga match on the weekend and a CL match in the week after. There will probably Boateng, Müller, Ulreich (the reserve keeper) playing with some youngsters on Thursday - but we will need especially Müller for the matches after that, too. But Bayern right now just has 17 professional field players (and that counts Zirkzee and Fein who e.g. started for Bayern's U23 at the weekend) and only the mentioned match and the last match on December 23rd are Cup matches - where if we are lucky and it is a minor can field more youngsters. Bayern treats the Cup absolutely serious and Cup matches in Germany aren't a second team affair. Problem is that the 3rd league is hard to play for a team out of U23 and U19 youngsters - and as Bayern needs to stay in that league because of the chance for player development and as a stepstone for the players it is important not to dry that team out. It will be probably like last season when Demichelis' U19 players (I do not know if all of you know that he is coach in Munich now) will take part in the training sessions and sit on the Bayern bench more often than U23 players do.

Normal season - normal squad size - normal preparation with this team - and I am with you. Big favourites for everything. In this situation everything needs to work out - no big injuries of anybody important etc.

After Thiago Martinez will probably leave in the next days back to Bilbao. He was great in the first treble year but after his knee injury never really got back to his past heights and in the last seasons did not very often make the team. The last Spanish player - some years ago we had 6.

And BILD has it that Flick contacted Götze who is a free agent after his unsuccessful stint at Dortmund. The bosses think that his name would still cause too much pressure through the German media when he sits on the bench so I do not see that coming - even if that would have a nice touch to it if it would be a success story.

Dortmund’s front three on Saturday was Reyna, Haaland and Sancho plus Bellingham in midfield. Probably going to get 300-400 million for them lot in two or three seasons.

Outside of the top three are there any other interesting sides?

That is the problem with Dortmund. They have the interesting youngsters (who usually see Dortmund just as stepstone) but the rest is not that great. That makes them exciting for a lot - but the question is if that is the right strategy to win titles. And the coach...

I always like Freiburg a lot. The coach is a great guy and he always does wonders. Leipzig and Gladbach usually play a good brand of football, too - so does Leverkusen. But with all of this teams you do not know if they will not have their ups and downs.

Last edited:
I've heard about Gio Reyna making waves, so that's Sancho, Haaland and Reyna all with City connections at BVB. I've noticed with most UK/USA coverage of those players, there's barely any mention of the City connections with the latter two. They don't mind mentioning Sancho was at City's accademy but only in the context that City messed up because he went for next to nothing.

I suppose the problem isn't really that they aren't trying to shoehorn City into the conversation, to make them relevant. I'd much rather they didn't pander and fawn so pathetically to United and Liverpool so much like that, so I don't have to hear it.

Some Frankfurt fans are busy enhancing the otherwise grey and boring houses in downtown Frankfurt.

This time with a mural of our old ground with the view from the old G-Block where the die hard fans stood. This is where yours truly popped his football cherry as well. ;-) Will never forget the moment I first climbed up the stairs to the terrace and then seeing the pitch for the first time. This unique smell of beer, piss, cigarettes and Bratwurst...

How we used to throw tennis balls at players taking a corner, how it rained pringles cans full of piss from the top of the terrace because the freaking toilets where broken again.

How many afternoons/evenings I have spent watching shitty second divsion games in the freezing cold while it was raining cats and dogs. Coming home and getting asked why I dont spent my time with a more entertaining hobby. Fools the lot of them. :-)

At the top it says "Forever Waldstadion" which was the name of our old ground. We still refer to our ground as Waldstadion even though the naming rights have been sold, but I just cant get used to call it "whatever the current sponsors name" Arena.

eintracht-frankfurt-mural-in-bornheim-fuer-immer-waldstadion.jpg

Looks like Sane has something to prove...and is happy being unleashed. That pace is so exhilarating, and I don’t understand the manner in which we abandoned it. Don’t think we’ve hit the heights seen when he was on the left and sterling right. And he was the kind of outlet kdb was clearly loves to target.
One of the most beautiful sights for any Blue over the last four seasons was Merlin’s pass inside the opposition’s right-back, only for Leroy to race down the wing, and latch onto it before crossing it for Sergio or Raheem to tap home.

I fucking loved Sané in a Blue shirt.

I see that Klopp lookalike has got the bullet already. I thought he wasn't too bad when he was in the premier league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.