Bundesliga Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a dreary one horse race their league is. Why a great footballing nation like Germany has this is beyond me. No wonder Bayern’s owners don’t approve of owners like ours. It seems to me a league devoid of any drama.

(https://www.kicker.de/auslosung-dfb-pokal-2-runde-2021-22/auslosung)

Today's draw for the 2nd round of the DFB-Pokal (matches to be played midweek, Oct. 26th/27th).

Always prefer home matches anyway, had hoped for Düsseldorf, Gladbach or Bochum, but as long as you avoid Bayern, Dortmund, Leverkusen or Leipzig away I fancy our chances, though Stuttgart away is also a very difficult task.

Münster - Hertha Berlin

Waldhof Mannheim - Union Berlin

Osnabrück - Freiburg

Babelsberg - Leipzig

TSV 1860 Munich - Schalke

Hannover - Düsseldorf

Bochum - Augsburg

Gladbach - Bayern

Dresden - St. Pauli

Hoffenheim - Kiel

Regensburg - Rostock

Nürnberg - Hamburger SV

Mainz - Bielefeld

Stuttgart - 1.FC Köln

Dortmund - Ingolstadt

Leverkusen - Karlsruhe

(https://www.kicker.de/auslosung-dfb-pokal-2-runde-2021-22/auslosung)

Today's draw for the 2nd round of the DFB-Pokal (matches to be played midweek, Oct. 26th/27th).

Always prefer home matches anyway, had hoped for Düsseldorf, Gladbach or Bochum, but as long as you avoid Bayern, Dortmund, Leverkusen or Leipzig away I fancy our chances, though Stuttgart away is also a very difficult task.

Münster - Hertha Berlin

Waldhof Mannheim - Union Berlin

Osnabrück - Freiburg

Babelsberg - Leipzig

TSV 1860 Munich - Schalke

Hannover - Düsseldorf

Bochum - Augsburg

Gladbach - Bayern

Dresden - St. Pauli

Hoffenheim - Kiel

Regensburg - Rostock

Nürnberg - Hamburger SV

Mainz - Bielefeld

Stuttgart - 1.FC Köln

Dortmund - Ingolstadt

Leverkusen - Karlsruhe
Is the cup a big thing is Germany?? It always feels like in European leagues that the domestic cups don’t really mean much? Either that or it doesn’t get the attention that people would notice who don’t watch that league etx

Hoping restrictions are eased for the Leipzig away game in December. Planning an extended break to tick off Aue which has been on my list for a while. They're playing Dresden though so tickets will be tight anyway I'd imagine :|

Back and forth a little but Union playing at the Olympiastadion too will be a bit odd!!

Is the cup a big thing is Germany?? It always feels like in European leagues that the domestic cups don’t really mean much? Either that or it doesn’t get the attention that people would notice who don’t watch that league etx
I'd say it is. It's the only realistic silverware other clubs can hope for, as the league title always goes to Bayern, plus it's the day out in the limelight for smaller or lower league clubs, if they can beat the Bundesliga heavy weights ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.