Bundesliga Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on your 10th consecutive title. (may as well say it in now)
It is still very tight. But what I love about that team is how they react after a loss or when they meet the next close opponent when the media has written everybody up the recent two weeks (international break!). That team just has a special mentality. But when Nagelsmann subs Müller and Lewy 25 minutes before the end...

26th and 27th chalked off this weekend.

On Friday I was sat with Rhineland at SC Bonner v Munster which was far more one sided than the final 1-2 scoreline would suggest
The attendance of 1545 was higher than I was expecting, but otherwise the ground was reminiscent of Springfield Park in the 80s with the steady drizzle illuminating the grass banks behind both goals

Today was Aachen v Rot Weiss Ahlen and not dissimilar to the previous game the "amateurs" from the away team seemed far superior in technique and overall fitness than the hosts, albeit Aachen scored first and could easily have gone 2-0 up before conceding a daft penalty.
4900 attendance
Aachen 1 Ahlen 4

Does somebody of you remember this guy? Dino Toppmöller?

dino-750x803.jpeg

Ist assistant coach of Nagelsmann since 2 years (after he has been coach of Düdelingen) - did not have a big player career.

It is not just Demichelis who is coach of Bayern's U23 and Sane who have a City history.

Does somebody of you remember this guy? Dino Toppmöller?

dino-750x803.jpeg

Ist assistant coach of Nagelsmann since 2 years (after he has been coach of Düdelingen) - did not have a big player career.

It is not just Demichelis who is coach of Bayern's U23 and Sane who have a City history.
Interesting, remember the name don't think he played much. The end of the Joe Royle beginning of Kevin Keegan eras it looks like.

Had a last minute change of plan yesterday so rather than travel to Sandhausen I opted to walk to the Rheine Energie Stadium and negotiate with the touts.

It was a great game which started in dreadful fashion for the hosts, but ended with the visitors seemingly wilting in the unexpected heat. Anthony Modeste seems to have done that Micah Richards thing of bulking-up, and subsequently losing his technique, but who am I to argue when he scorers two late goals for Cologne.

One tip for anyone thinking of travelling.

I didn't have a problem at the smaller grounds (Bonner and Aachen), but yesterday Cologne had one specific gate for non-Germans to show their vaccine passes.
This might be the case at all the bigger stadiums.

Interesting, remember the name don't think he played much. The end of the Joe Royle beginning of Kevin Keegan eras it looks like.
No, he did not. He was 20 when he was loaned to City for half a year and actually did not play. He mainly had a second league career - not top shelf. You remember some years ago when it was a big story that Düdelingen from Luxembourg was going through all qualification of the Europa league and even made it into the group stages playing against AC Milan, Sevilla and Piräus - he was their coach then.

Nagelsmann took him into his coaching team when he started for Leipzig - and now to Munich. Right now he is in the limelight as he is "the boss" with Nagelsmann having to quarantine because of Covid. Even if Nagelsmann still has the reign working from his kitchen table and making the press conferences in home office.

Mark Von Bommel sacked by Wolfsburg and is (temporarily) replaced by city legend, Michael Frontzeck.

Wolfsburg started great but have had a run of poor results.

Guessing Frankfurt must be close to pulling the trigger on Glasner, maybe he goes back to Wolfsburg...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.