Bundesliga Thread - 2022/23 | Bayern win 11th consecutive title

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we officially signed Götze a second ago.

Alario seems to be done deal as well....Crazy what a difference CL money and football makes.
I think I've got some doubts about whether it's the right sort of signing for Frankfurt, but he seems to be delighted to be joining....

Screenshot_20220621_171149_com.twitter.android_edit_963241187344684.jpg

I am sceptical as well, but to be honest I already said earlier that I am always sceptical about anything we do. Just comes with the territory I guess.

However...he did cost only 3 Million Euro and his salary seems to heavily rely on various bonus payments. He is 30 and appears to be in much better shape than when he left Dortmund. His talent is undeniable and I think he just needs a coach who trusts him and gives him playtime.

Fingers crossed that it works out

I am sceptical as well, but to be honest I already said earlier that I am always sceptical about anything we do. Just comes with the territory I guess.

However...he did cost only 3 Million Euro and his salary seems to heavily rely on various bonus payments. He is 30 and appears to be in much better shape than when he left Dortmund. His talent is undeniable and I think he just needs a coach who trusts him and gives him playtime.

Fingers crossed that it works out
Nowadays, 30 is not old for a professional athlete.

I’m sure he will give you many years of top quality service.

The talent was obviously always there, but somehow he was not really lucky with his career choices. He joined Bayern instead of going to Liverpool with Klopp, and then returned to Dortmund where he was not exactly welcomed with open arms. I think he crumbled under all the pressure and media attention he got. Piling up injuries and this mysterious health issues that he had when he was in Dortmund and got all chubby didn't help either.

He did play two good seasons in Eindhoven and I think this was somewhat of a reset for him. Away from the media, his critics etc. He hopefully has his health issues under control as well, at least he looks super fit now.

BUT...and that is the Eintracht Fan in me: This could either be a super signing or become a disaster. Always black and white, never grey for me. Thats what supporting Eintracht does to you. Never positive, always expecting the worst. ;-)

Exciting times at least. If we can get all the players , that we are linked to, signed we should have a pretty exciting team (at least on paper).
He went to Bayern in 13/14 - Klopp left 2 years later.
Götze was with Bayern all 3 seasons in which Pep was in Munich - and left then back to Dortmund (he could have gone to Klopp at that time).
He was no starting player in Munich - but his first 2 seasons were acceptable. But if you were hyped the way Götze was in his years for Dortmund his move too Munich went unsuccessful. His biggest mistake was that he returned to Dortmund and had his problems then - with his illness but with coaches, system, his form etc. too.

The beginnin of 2010+ still liked real no. 10 in old fashion - but that changed in the recent years. Götze adapted but he does not live of speed. He is a nice guy. I hope it functions for him at Frankfurt. (just not on match day 1)

He went to Bayern in 13/14 - Klopp left 2 years later.
Götze was with Bayern all 3 seasons in which Pep was in Munich - and left then back to Dortmund (he could have gone to Klopp at that time).
He was no starting player in Munich - but his first 2 seasons were acceptable. But if you were hyped the way Götze was in his years for Dortmund his move too Munich went unsuccessful. His biggest mistake was that he returned to Dortmund and had his problems then - with his illness but with coaches, system, his form etc. too.

The beginnin of 2010+ still liked real no. 10 in old fashion - but that changed in the recent years. Götze adapted but he does not live of speed. He is a nice guy. I hope it functions for him at Frankfurt.
They say you should never go back. Both Malcolm Allison and Howard Kendall would attest to this.

However, SWP and, to a lesser extent, Denis Law, were rather successful on their return to a former club.

Bundesliga 2 fixtures for MD1&2 now confirmed, and confirmed dates for all fixtures to mid September to be announced next week (Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2)

Any other team with a remote chance of giving Bayern a run for their money this season?
With Nkunku staying in Leipzig another year I have them in my books if they do not play like the first half of last season. Dortmund is a surprise package - as well as Leverkusen. But you never know. And nobody can tell you if everything in Munich functions. 'There is questions if the ideas of Nagelsmann really match to the players. They functioned well at the beginning of the season with the old mechanisms but when Nagelsmann tried to push more of his own ideas in it did not work so well anymore... And there is still the question open if it is better to let Lewy go or stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.