Burglary in Sale / Brooklands

You might just.

When I had my 2nd video recorder pinched (stealing video recorders from flats was all the rage in Bristol at the time) I was seriously tempted to wire the next one up wrong with the chassis live. It would still work of course, using the remote, but would electrocute anyone who tried to nick it. A policeman mate of mine at the time said I would definitely be done for that if the burglar injured himself. Bonkers imo.
Yeah.

I think you should implicitly lose all your rights, if you are burgling or knowingly trespassing a private property or business property.

You self injure or are caused injury whilst dicking about on someone else’s property, it should be nowt to do with the property owner, or the person defending their property.

As soon as you uninvited cross the boundary into private property, you should lose the right to sue etc.

Yeah.

I think you should implicitly lose all your rights, if you are burgling or knowingly trespassing a private property or business property.

You self injure or are caused injury whilst dicking about on someone else’s property, it should be nowt to do with the property owner, or the person defending their property.

As soon as you uninvited cross the boundary into private property, you should lose the right to sue etc.
I agree. In the US, you lose your right to life since pretty much no home owner is ever prosecuted for shooting dead an intruder.

In this ridiculous country we live in, some burglar recently was about to attack the home owner who quickly got his air rifle and shot the burglar with a .22 pellet, causing him only a superficial wound, and the bloody burglar called the police to complain he'd been shot at with an air rifle!!?!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-999-shot-air-rifle-breaking-family-home.html

GERMAN-SHEPHERD-3.jpg

now you would think this little fella would do the job and all your possessions including your tax free little stash that you cant bank would be safe,,,''NO'' i'm afraid not as i found out and i had two of the bloody things at the time, they didn't bat an eyelid as my possessions were being removed

Last edited:
Homeowners do have a duty under the Homeowners Liability Act of 1984 to protect those on their property from foreseeable harm, including burglars (why?). However, putting up a sign stating Danger/Warning broken glass/razor wire on wall keep out. No tresspassing, etc can help mitigate any claim a would be burglar would have in court.

Couldn’t this cause offence? It effectively stereotypes a minority by assuming the visitor has nefarious business in mind. This could be hurtful and possibly constitute grounds for compensation.

You might just.

When I had my 2nd video recorder pinched (stealing video recorders from flats was all the rage in Bristol at the time) I was seriously tempted to wire the next one up wrong with the chassis live. It would still work of course, using the remote, but would electrocute anyone who tried to nick it. A policeman mate of mine at the time said I would definitely be done for that if the burglar injured himself. Bonkers imo.

My great uncle Joe rip use to wire his shed door handle upto the mains at night lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.