Burnley (a) pre-match thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
20 years younger and been shitting it since about an hour after the final whistle on Wednesday.

Can't shake this crappy feeling we're gonna fuck this up somehow. I'd bite your hand off for a scrappy, nervy one nil win right now.
Same (age and feeling).

Feel more nervous than I did before the derby.

Mostly because United are feckless ****s.

Ederson
Danilo
Kompany
Otamendi
Zinchenko
Gündogan
Bernardo Silva
David Silva
Sané
Sterling
Agüero

3-1 City

I can’t sleep, shitting already. Ffs I wonder if all my generation of fans are similar..I am 55?
I’m the same age and a few posters on here seem to get that feeling sometimes - I suppose it’s the memories of the relegations and other stuff we had to endure - but I find as time goes by those feelings are subsiding and the club, manager and players inspire confidence - I wasn’t the slightest bit nervous before the Derby and I have faith in our lads before this game too

in 10-15 years, we're going to have City fans scoring own goals to help us :D

Burnley's Barnes' son, for example:

'I'm aware of the profile pic thing, it's part of the craic - but Flynn isn't happy. I'm telling him I've got to do my job against City and he's like "Come on Dad, serious". He won't be supporting Burnley that's for sure. He will probably try to wear a City kit underneath his Burnley one.

'He loves all their players and Raheem Sterling and Leroy Sane are probably his favourites. I don't think I am his favourite at the moment. He is City mad and if I score he'll be kicking me after the game.'

It's how the team operate, mate. We move the opposition around to get them out of position. It's intrinsic to how pep sets up the attacking side of the team.
yes, i realize that, but if they park it they won't be drawn out, their manager will have a plan. My plan negates that with more attempts than "tiki-taka" or whatever the fu&# you call it. all sports is about adapting and we've dropped points from not doing that.

I really don't think Rodgers has much interest in seeing Liverpool win the league. I don't think he's remembered especially fondly by their fans in the same way Rafa is and he's an egomaniac who probably doesn't fancy the idea of seeing his successor achieve something that he couldn't. I think he'll treat the game against us in the same as he would against anyone else

My view as well.

He’s unlikely to be wanting to ‘help’ another manager to achieve something he didn’t imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.