Burnley (H) Post Match Thread

The fact that Ashley Barnes never even attempts to win aerial duels, instead just tries to back in and win freekicks, probably helped as well

Yeah,he's mastered the backing in then throwing himself forwards to suggest he's been shoved. Really annoying

I agree with most of this, except to say that I don’t think we ran out of as much steam against Napoli, as we all seem to think and accept. For the last 25 mins (70- 95) City were much the better side and nearly scored 4 times (Jesus was a cigarette paper offside, if he was offside). If we were out of steam, then Bernardo & Gundogs had a really big impact on getting us going again.

Yes they did.

Once they came on, imo we were the side most likely to score.

But it was obvious on the night that our players were finding it difficult to keep up the intensity that blew away Napoli, & playing Burnley, in a gale, is a recipe for a fuckup.

Back home for a few days now & I'm going to download City's game & watch it, but that will be after first watching Utd's. Plus alcohol.

Fun.

Heard a quote on TV, that some 'oppo' are beaten before they come out of the tunnel. Bit of a throwaway comment, but then I watched the first minute of tunnel cam. Listen to the players (seeing the new tunnel/changing room set up).. "whats going on here??" "Look at this?!" - Think they were suitably impressed.. Usually, they face forwards in the tunnel, look psyched up and serious. This time, they spend their time trying to see through the mirrors or looking at the new surrounding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.