Burnley (H) Post Match Thread

When we saw that team, how many of us thought we would struggle to win comfortably?
To win 5 - 0 without Aguero, Sterling, and no Laporte at the back is a fantastic result.
That's the kick-start we needed - loads of positives, with plenty of power to add.
Onwards and upwards brothers! 10 straight league wins coming up; clawed a couple of points back off Liverpool - and Klopp was crying after the game; we'll soon be back up there.
Happy days!

yep questions was being asked ? ok aguero we can understand but pep said everybody ifs fit ? no laporte or sterling was a puzzle. but boy burnley was shocking and city played well and scored some great goals

Stones was a standout, but I think the whole defence did well. Burnley did get up a few times and did but some potentially dangerous crosses in. Dias, Walker, Mendy, Rodri, and Gundogan all did their fair share. Ederson too.

Nice to see the goals flowing again albeit against piss poor opposition.
Sorry to have a moan but why keep KDB on for full 90 mins ? - job was done at half time - he looks in need of a rest and always risk of him doing a hamstring and be out over Xmas. Fernandinho was another strange substitution - we need to protect him this season and did we really need a DM when we are 3 nil up against Burnley ? Could have took Rodri off for another attacker.

I just don’t get the hard on Barca seem to have for this lad
But its not just Barcelona. He has played for the Spain International team and Pep is obviously an admirer.
The desire to leave for Barcelona is not helping him.
He has not kicked on at all since he said he wants to leave.
Not sure how the rest of the players feel about this but it is not healthy for him or City.
Must be annoying to the under age players thst he is revered so much. I am sure he is better than what we are getting but our squad is big and he could be released no problem.
It seems to be more political than any thing else.
If a team other than Barcelona showed an interest I think we'd sell him.

hopefully that's the kickstart to the season we need.

Who said low balls into the box don't work? Just need to move the ball quickly, overlap effectively, cut them back with the right weight in the right area and finish them when they drop, which we did today for once.

Proof of concept, it's just execution and a misguided belief it stopped working that has set us back in recent times.
Main reason we haven’t been scoring this season is we haven’t been creating clear cut chances in crowded penalty areas. Remember 2 years ago how many tap ins we had - due mainly to the sort of delivery you are talking about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.