Burnley (H) Post Match Thread

Really glad for Stones

Don’t think i’ve ever wanted a player to make it more

and there’s definitely a player in there somewhere

Rolls royce performance by Stones today.

Couldn't believe it was the same player, not only today but midweek too in the Chumps League.

Dias seems to have boosted his confidence & looks more comfortable with this partnership than Laporte or anyone else to date.

Made all the right decisions & a great improvement I noticed late on in the game was him sensing the danger & positioning himself correctly before the ball went into the box.

As a result of his improved confidence he was bringing out the ball with conviction & made quite a few incisive passes forward rather than sidewards - more of this please!

We really bloody needed that and some excellent performance. Still felt we left a little bit out there and at our best we could of had 7 or 8 easily today. Really pleased for stones, thought he was superb and showed for me, he is streets ahead of Garcia. Hopefully gives Mahrez some confidence as well.

We did have the ball in the net seven times.
What about Jesus confidence?
He keeps going and going but having goals disallowed so often must knock him a bit.

Good job I'm not a gambling man cos I'd this pegged as an incredibly frustrating defensive masterclass by Burnley and a load of possession with no end result for us. Fair play to Pep and our lads for putting The Clarets away with some style. Fully appreciate that "it's just Burnley" but we can only play what's in front of us...

If Barca hadn't been such pathetic twats in the summer we would have sold him .

He's seriously over-rated imho.
Agree with you.
That's why I can't understand City not selling him if he really wants to leave.
Any manager playing someone who wants to leave over someone who wants to work for the club us making a serious mistake.
It can't be good for morale with the likes of Delap, THB, Palmer, Doyle etc. itching to play.

It is strange that after thumping a team 5-0 we will still criticise individuals

If I were to single out an individual for an average performance it would be Gundogan, purely for his negative passing, however.....
When we played Leicester we went one nil up, chased a second goal and committed football suicide, when in fact what we should have done was passed the ball around the back four and midfield in our own half to draw them out, which is pretty much what we did today. So in fact, Gundogan had a great game

I was a bit surprised to see Kev played the full 90. I thought he'd have been withdrawn at 4-0, play midweek and rested vs Fulham

Couldn't believe it was the same player, not only today but midweek too in the Chumps League.

Dias seems to have boosted his confidence & looks more comfortable with this partnership than Laporte or anyone else to date.

Made all the right decisions & a great improvement I noticed late on in the game was him sensing the danger & positioning himself correctly before the ball went into the box.

As a result of his improved confidence he was bringing out the ball with conviction & made quite a few incisive passes forward rather than sidewards - more of this please!
Stones 2 season ago was brilliant, think him and otto didnt play well at all together

Dont think his injuries been in and out the team has helped

Apart from a few stray passes from Mendy, Gundogan and KDB I thought we played well. Kyle and Stones worked well together. Torres is getting better every game. Gabbys cheeky touch for the goal was the touch of the game.

for me mendy looks fit and 100% wants it again ? the world cup win really got to him add the titles and cups city won then being a long term injury he must have felt on top of the world and how easy is this life. i think at some point mendy played about 8 or 9 games and won the world cup city won premier league title twice and league 3 times and one fa cup

maybe we are getting the mendy we signed ? he was on everybody transfer wish list and he was on fire for monaco
pep must have thought we got walker and mendy and is there any wingbacks better out there ?

yes mendy had a great game today but we must hold fire and judge him on a full season or 30 odd games back to back because for me a fully fit mendy with a good season in the tank city will be close to the title and champions league winners

many good players on show today. but lets not kid yourself burnley was shocking and rolled over ? city did not need top gear today and bigger test and questions will be asked of city players this season. then if they answer the questions then we should be raving and jumping up and down and shouting from the hill tops about winning 5.0

He won a lot of headers today as well.

That’s more like it!

There's no doubt that scoring early makes such a difference.

Outstanding performances from the boo-boys - Gündoğan, Mahrez, Rodri, Stones - today. I’m so delighted for them, especially John, who has suffered from so many niggling injuries and consequent loss of form.

There were some brilliant team goals that we have become accustomed to witnessing since Pep arrived, but above all, it was a great team performance that saw every one of them play his part.

A great confidence builder and hopefully, a portent of things to come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.