Burnley (H) Post Match Thread

Very good today. unclear how much of that was down to Burnley though, their hoof it forward tactics suit our game perfectly. Need to replicate that a few more times in the next games if we are to say we’re looking good again. Can only beat what’s infront of you though. Job done.

Overall really impressive. I think all 11 can be happy with that game. I echo all the positives from the others.

Only minor concern is we've had bits of sloppiness creep in here and there, but I'm sure that'll go in due course.

Decent team performance.

I thought a few players had decent games,Mahrez,Stones,Gundogan.

Going for Stones for MOM.

Reminding us all there is a decent player there.

I am sure the only thing stopping Stones from being one of the best in the World is off field related.

When his Head is right,he is a great player.

Injuries too, i am half expecting another injury in training keeping him out for another month over the next 7 days.

Well done Blues, I got it very wrong before the game, would still like to see Phil Foden on a bit more. All in all we were really good today.

Guess we all need to accept that Pep knows what he’s doing - but agree, it’s difficult sometimes which is why I’m here & he’s there :). :)

This isn’t a “told you so” post because I didn’t tell you so. Nevertheless it’s good to see three of the boo boys - FFS, Stones and Mendy - have such a good match. The more players who are on their game, both fringe players and regulars, the better our season will be.

(I’d still be pissed off in Foden’s shoes though.)

Got to say i was very suprised at Burnley's tactics but i suppose at this point Dyche will try anything to not get hammered.

Cant fault any of the performances as almost everyone was excellent, would only say Jesus, Walker and Mendy had quiet/average games.

Torres looking more involved game on game and dare i say it was better tonight than Sterling has been in that postion all season.
I thought Mendy had a very good game.

I am extremely upset. For me it’s like a defeat because I wanted my early Christmas present of a 10-0! So I’m sure you won’t mind if I cry tonight at my disappointment in my team, my lovely Blue Boys let me down...................

But really YYYYYYYYEEEEESSSSS City are back. Get in there. What a team, John Boy my MOTM with Flipping Heck Mahrez a close second. However every single one of those lads deserves a treat tonight. Thank you City. Well done.

That was the old City back again. I know we always beat Burnley, but I was more impressed with the attacking play and intent than the result today. Fantastic all round. I saw someone on the matchday thread saying that De Bruyne isn't fit. I don't know what game they were watching, but he was still creating chances at the end of the game. The only player I'd say was a bit quiet was Torres and he still popped up with a goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.