Burnley (H) Post Match Thread

But it is the rule whether you think that's sensible or not. I was more doubtful about the disallowed goal at the end. Jesus was fractionally ahead of the last defender, but looked level with the passer (KDB I think).
It's the ball, not the passer, but even then he seemed to be fractionally ahead of it. As for the Jesus disallowed goal, it's very hard to see exactly what happened. Neither Jesus nor Torres were offside from the initial cross and it looked as though they connected with the ball almost simultaneously. There was also a defender very close to them but the TV never showed a proper side-on view.

Liverpool dropped 2 points yesterday and now both Spurs and Chelsea have done the same today ... good weekend for us so far, that’s the other three title challengers in my eyes and would probably make up the top 4 with us at the end of the season ...

Leicester play Fulham tomorrow ...

It's the ball, not the passer, but even then he seemed to be fractionally ahead of it. As for the Jesus disallowed goal, it's very hard to see exactly what happened. Neither Jesus nor Torres were offside from the initial cross and it looked as though they connected with the ball almost simultaneously. There was also a defender very close to them but the TV never showed a proper side-on view.

It’s was offside because Jesus headed the ball that hit Ferran then went in Ferran was offside.when it hit him.

I remember 2 corners they had in which after failing the header they would immediately have one player on the floor with a supposed head injury but in the replay it would show that he struck the ball while Ederson was holding it. It was to get his teammates back into formation and avoid our quick throw and counterattack. Scummy tactics like that piss me off more than parking the bus.

Probably for the first time this season, we looked like the team of old. Mahrez was outstanding and ripped Burnley apart. He deserved his his hat trick and it was great to see the player we hoped we'd bought. When he is on form, he is unplayable and I daresay that Pep finds him just as frustrating as we do. If we can get this Mahrez alongside KdB and find some form for Bernardo then our season will look totally different. If we can get these 3 playing - I know, a big if but not impossible - then I honestly think we have a chance of some big trophies this year.

Burnley are never likely to test our defence, but with the long ball and big forwards they can cause problems. Stones was immense and won every header and played the ball so well. Again, Pep must be so frustrated because we can all see a genuinely world class player in Stones, but there's something not quite there with him - it's a mental block with him at times. He must also be aware that his career is drifting away and that the Euros are coming up. Let's hope we get him back as if we do, it will be like a new signing.

It's looking like the Dias signing has plugged the defence. We simply look much better when he plays. I know it's early days, but he could end up being the best signing we've made in years the way he's come in and looked like a 30 year old in his 10th PL season. Great signing. Cool on the ball, doesn't panic and will be our Captain soon, I'm sure of that.

You knew Burnley came here to sit back and hope for a counter, but once the early goal went in that was it. They capitulated and could not cope with KdB and Mahrez. They couldn't sit back and defend, or attack us so they had to just stay on the pitch and take another 5-0ing. They love taking a good hiding.

It goes without saying that VAR is a disgrace but for the life of me I couldn't see why the two goals were ruled out. And to show I'm not too bitter, I thought the Salah offside was a joke as well. It should be there for obvious errors, not whether someones dick is offside.

I don't mind teams like Burnley coming up for a season as they do bring some novelty to the PL. But I really hate it when teams like this stick around for a few seasons. They are awful to watch and are a throwback. Dyche always moans about every other team but if a side like Everton/Newcastle/West Ham etc offered him a job he would jump ship to get the chance of spending big cash. If he's not careful, he will end up taking Burnley down (good) and lose his reputation.

Great result and just what we needed. Welcome back City! :)

I remember 2 corners they had in which after failing the header they would immediately have one player on the floor with a supposed head injury but in the replay it would show that he struck the ball while Ederson was holding it. It was to get his teammates back into formation and avoid our quick throw and counterattack. Scummy tactics like that piss me off more than parking the bus.
Not just Burnley employing this ‘tactic’ lately, it’s blatant and cynical cheating. A terrible and dishonest exploitation of head injury protocols.
But yeah, City’s ‘tactical fouling’ is the real issue here

I noticed that as well. The replay showed that neither player had suffered a head injury but was feigning injury to stop City counter-attacks. Typical cheating tactics from anti-football king Dyche. The authorities need to clamp down on this one immediately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.