Burnley (H) | Pre-Match Thread

To save 30 pages...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow a Saturday game at 3.00. I feel as if I’ve gone back in time. Do you think they’ll let us watch it at the ground? Will I be able to buy a ticket on the gate? ;-) :-)
Yes, and say hello to the man with "the end of the world is nigh" sign outside the turnstiles and remember to buy The Pink on the way home to steak pudding & chips for your tea.

100% - It's no secret my feelings about FFS - this is a very important game for us given how far we would end up being behind if we don't win - also against Burnley you need everyone to work and not hide, do that and we win.

It's also about who deserves a place in the starting 11 - Mahrez should be nowhere near the team tomorrow - play him midweek now we've qualified.

Foden and Torres deserve to play and Sergio needs mins but we shall see tomorrow.
The thing is that Burnley are unlikely to pose any threat apart from the long boot upfield, and free kicks from anywhere.. so the likes of FFS can concentrate on trying to unpick their 10 man defence (or just use him as an impact sub when we have run them ragged).
It sounds like Sergio's mindset may not be ready for football yet. Some things are more important. Pep knows best.

The thing is that Burnley are unlikely to pose any threat apart from the long boot upfield, and free kicks from anywhere.. so the likes of FFS can concentrate on trying to unpick their 10 man defence (or just use him as an impact sub when we have run them ragged).
It sounds like Sergio's mindset may not be ready for football yet. Some things are more important. Pep knows best.
Maybe so but the key to unlocking a resolute, deep defence is playing with pace and getting our wide players behind them - not sure that would happen by constantly playing passes inside which seems to be FFS's mode this year. Either way it's a game we must win so I don't really care who Pep picks as long as they do the business.

I think the way to beat these sort of teams is to let them have the ball, then catch them on the break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.