Burnley Home

crmcfc said:
Said it before say it again why should the club provide cheap tickets for fair weather fans who fancy a day out at City over Christmas?

The season tickets prices are OK and very good for kids so all the "fans" could have purchased these at the start of the season and its still way cheaper than paying nearly £50 here and there, even if you cannot make a few games.

Because some of us fucking fair weather fans who have followed the club everywhere in out youth, cannot
afford these prices, what with now having kids. I don't care as I can never afford to go these days.
But your comment about other City fans stinks.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
goater1978 said:
Adults are expensive but kids are quite cheap. Think it was £16 each for the two kids tickets I had to buy.

I don't think that's too bad.

Go to the lower leagues you pay between £20-30 for a ticket. Paying a 50% premium for top quality premier league football is a bargain!

It appears that way but let's face it £20-30 for the shit they serve up is at least 100% overpriced.

I paid £16 to see alty v alfreton town a couple of weeks back. Now that was overpriced!

crmcfc said:
Said it before say it again why should the club provide cheap tickets for fair weather fans who fancy a day out at City over Christmas?

The season tickets prices are OK and very good for kids so all the "fans" could have purchased these at the start of the season and its still way cheaper than paying nearly £50 here and there, even if you cannot make a few games.

The days when everyone who wanted a day out at City or any other league club at Christmas were great.

Adults and kids could afford to go to a match with loose change,

The modern situation is poor. You have to sign up to all sorts of schemes, register for this and that etc.

And pay a fortune.

Football has been taken away from the masses and handed to a boring load of affluent people.

Today's matches are technically better but the atmosphere is rubbish.

goater1978 said:
goater1978 said:
Adults are expensive but kids are quite cheap. Think it was £16 each for the two kids tickets I had to buy.

Go to the lower leagues you pay between £20-30 for a ticket. Paying a 50% premium for top quality premier league football is a bargain!

It appears that way but let's face it £20-30 for the shit they serve up is at least 100% overpriced.

I paid £16 to see alty v alfreton town a couple of weeks back. Now that was overpriced!
I've seen a lot of Alty over the past couple of years. Usually £13-15 and well worth the money. Football isnt as slick as we get nowadays, but decent players providing a decent contest. You can stand, you can drink a beer without being criminalised, you get a better chicken balti pie than you get at City for half the price.

goater1978 said:

didsburyblu said:
Prices start at £48! Not much Christmas cheer at City this year! we need to be careful because were in danger of alienating a lot of fans before the new stand even opens.
We should be pricing competitively and have people desperate to get this new stand open so they can finally get in to see us. As it is a lot of people will be looking at current pricing and finding far better value things to do of a weekend.
Fair play to Burnley for subsidising their fans and charging them £27

New Stand already sold. City have the cheapest season ticket. All clubs have to give some TV ticket money back - I expect Burnley have chose this match as it's against The Champions. City did the same for other away matches but can't remember which ones

urmston said:
crmcfc said:

The days when everyone who wanted a day out at City or any other league club at Christmas were great.

Adults and kids could afford to go to a match with loose change,

The modern situation is poor. You have to sign up to all sorts of schemes, register for this and that etc.

And pay a fortune.

Football has been taken away from the masses and handed to a boring load of affluent people.

Today's matches are technically better but the atmosphere is rubbish.

With the best will in the world, you can only fit so many in the ground so The days when everyone who wanted a day out at City or any other league club at Christmas were great. are in the past. The club has to look after the fans that go regularly. only unsuccessful teams have spare seats at Xmas. City are one of the best clubs for looking after fans but they can only do so much

ninjamonkey said:
Obscene pricing for what i imagine is a cat 3 game? I don't agree with the category pricing in general, all games should be priced the same in my opinion but i dread to think how much the cat. 1 games are priced at. City are no different from every other team in the league though, With the whole ffp requirements every club has to continuously push for more and more revenue, Fifa, Uefa and the FA are to blame for allowing this to happen. I believe it's almost at tipping point now and before long we'll see something change, i just don't trust Uefa/FA to get it right though.
But the Premier League TV rights dished out to clubs is absolutely astronomical!

The increase in that over the last few years should have seen a reduction in ticket prices, both individual and season, for good will at their new gigantic windfall. Yet they've gone up everywhere. £62 at Arsenal, £57 at Hull, we charged Wedt Brom £52 for a Monday night game on Sky last season and we're making Burnley fans bust out £48 at Christmas? Yet another £65 slammed on my seasoncard, way way over the rate of inflation.

It's just ridiculous!

The bubble will burst and we will be back to 24k.

Economic myopia beyond belief these prices.

people can only cut back so much, i kept my season card going but sacked sky off also i drink cans on match days rather than pay 4 quid a pint, the trouble is there is nothing left to cut back on so if the season cards go up again by another 50 quid then i'm out after 35 years, i'm not paying another increase no way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.