Burnley Thread - 2022/23 | Promoted to the Premier League (pg 99)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Burnley’s style of play is similar to ours?
Have you been following the Kompany project? Aren't you aware that Burnley are trying out a new project out there?

Also I said their setup is similar to ours, meaning Kompany has borrowed a leaf from Pep's philosophy of keeping the ball. The play style is different but Pep has his Pep team and Vinny has burnley, you can only work with what you have.

Last edited:
You think Burnley’s style of play is similar to ours?
Obviously its worlds away but then so is Delap’s first touch at the moment. Vinnie has them getting the ball down and knocking about it and it would do Delap good to get a year in the championship rather than playing at u23 level for another year. Obviously a Premier league team might be better but he certainly needs games this season somewhere.

How have they done? Seen from the scores that they went behind initially but got it to 1-1 and still kept possession.

Does it still look like they need a striker?
Watched the last half hour and they battered Luton without getting the goal their football deserved. They brought a lad on at half time who they signed from Antwerp during the week. He was tiny but a really skill full player and was involved in most of the good play.

Obviously its worlds away but then so is Delap’s first touch at the moment. Vinnie has them getting the ball down and knocking about it and it would do Delap good to get a year in the championship rather than playing at u23 level for another year. Obviously a Premier league team might be better but he certainly needs games this season somewhere.
Lots of stigma associated with the Championship, people have this idea of the Championship being some kind of pit or the "upside down" where you get sucked into and never come back. There are some managers who actually appreciate good football there and are open to the idea of working with promising young players. Vinnie's ideas are aligned with ours, I don't know how long he would be there but it wouldn't be a bad idea to take advantage of the fact that one of our men is down there trying to change the philosophy of a club known for their hideous stomach churning football.

It is clear that the model of football that Vinnie is trying to impose at Burnley comes from his time with Pep. I have never heard of a Championship team having an average possession of 70% over two games and his team have dominated the ball - a dramatic shift in style from Dyche. I would have no issue loaning our Academy players to them, but we cannot assume that he wants them - he is his own man and that's why we hold him in such reverence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.