Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

The powers that be at the EFL need to have a look at themselves ........We had this shite going on from 2001 and not really recovered from it .........lessons should have been learned back then to prevent this happening ..........Whats wrong with an official from the EFL going in and doing an audit at every club every 6 months to prevent this happening ????

I can not see anything positive in seeing Bury collapse. I am sure I am not alone in being from that neck of the woods and in my youth watching both the Shakers and jumping on the train to go to Maine Road. What is happening is tragic at a club that gave us Colin Bell. If there is football at Gigg Lane again me and the lad going to turn up when we are not at t’Etihad. Appalling to see how such crass mismanagement can result in this. Not sure MCFC can do much though but I for one will go to cheer them on-especially if they end playing that shite in Salford!

3rd game suspended and 14 days given or the league will throw them out.

League has also now opened proceedings against them for the first game they had to suspend so fine( how the fuck do they pay that) or points penalty( like it matters) ive no idea but they are doomed imo.

3rd game suspended and 14 days given or the league will throw them out.

League has also now opened proceedings against them for the first game they had to suspend so fine( how the fuck do they pay that) or points penalty( like it matters) ive no idea but they are doomed imo.

I don't see a way back. Just fold them now and stop messing people around. The rules are simple - you can not write off football related debts, the owners either have the coin or they dont. If they dont they should sell or face losing everything. Only one party to blame here, the owners who got involved without having the coin and not selling when they realised they couldn't keep it going.

I don't see a way back. Just fold them now and stop messing people around. The rules are simple - you can not write off football related debts, the owners either have the coin or they dont. If they dont they should sell or face losing everything. Only one party to blame here, the owners who got involved without having the coin and not selling when they realised they couldn't keep it going.

Agree but.......

What does the league who approved the ownership in the first place do about their mistake?

Agree but.......

What does the league who approved the ownership in the first place do about their mistake?

I think the reality is they are fairly powerless in blocking owners, they have a list of things that they can object to (convictions for fraud etc), but even then ownership can be murky. Off shore trusts and front men using borrowed money etc. The league hardly ever object to an owner.

A lot of Rochdale fans are laughing their bollocks off at the idea of Bury being wound up. It will hit Rochdale in the pocket as a "derby" loss will mean loss of good revenue.
I hate the rags but I don't want to see them heavily into a debt they will struggle to repay . . . .oh wait a minute.
I could live with them being relegated 2 years running.

This will be the first of many. There simply isn't the revenue to run Bury and dozens of other clubs from traditional sources. A lot of these players will either have to go part time, or leave for pastures new. The EFL is a joke, they have zero integrity, no marketing nouce and think camaraderie is a new model of Maserati.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.