Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

Bit sad about this as my Dad's side of the family are from Bury (and lived on the estate next to the ground) and my Granddad used to take me to Gigg Lane when I couldn't get to see God's own play.
Can't see a decent solution to this at all and the chairman and EFL need some sort of action taking against them for letting it come to this.

Stuart Day was the previous owner who racked up the debt, he did a runner and sold to Steve Dale for a quid in December. This person is only there to benefit himself.
Didn’t Dale turn down an offer to buy out Bury this week, if he bought them for a quid then whatever was being offered wouldn’t he have made a tidy profit, should have done the right thing and accepted it. Isn’t Dale also really ill at the moment surely he doesn’t need this hassle.

Didn’t Dale turn down an offer to buy out Bury this week, if he bought them for a quid then whatever was being offered wouldn’t he have made a tidy profit, should have done the right thing and accepted it. Isn’t Dale also really ill at the moment surely he doesn’t need this hassle.

Yes had leukaemia but he's got the all clear now

Difficult to say if he'd have made a profit or not. The CVA documents has him making a claim of £3.68M and a company called RCR Holdings which was set up 2 days before the date of the CVA which looks like it has taken over the £7M+ debt claim of Mederco, which is the previous owner's company. I'm not an expert but this sounds dodgy as ...

Incidentally, when he was looking to buy Widnes Vikings, the deal fell through when the council wouldn't let him purchase the club's stadium. He also seems to have set up and closed quite a few building development firms. Read into that what you will.

Isn't he a property developer? You could get a fair few houses on the Gigg Lane site. Needs the council to come out and make a covenant on the land saying it must always be used for sporting reasons and will never be allowed to be built on. He would sell it for 50p if they did that...

Difficult to say if he'd have made a profit or not. The CVA documents has him making a claim of £3.68M and a company called RCR Holdings which was set up 2 days before the date of the CVA which looks like it has taken over the £7M+ debt claim of Mederco, which is the previous owner's company. I'm not an expert but this sounds dodgy as ...

Incidentally, when he was looking to buy Widnes Vikings, the deal fell through when the council wouldn't let him purchase the club's stadium. He also seems to have set up and closed quite a few building development firms. Read into that what you will.
Sounds like a very dodgy character.

Remember City playing there in a friendly, donkey's years ago - we won 7-6 or something equally crazy. Also remember going there with my Dad to see our star-studded team knocked out of the League Cup by Bury. Feel sorry for their loyal fans, but I doubt they can be saved.

And that is the problem I keep going on about. We could give them 40 million to see them right for this season and a fair few others but if the club is not run properly, crooked or otherwise, we will just have wasted 40 mill and without me or Ric getting sued, I wouldn't give this fellah a penny.

And that is the problem I keep going on about. We could give them 40 million to see them right for this season and a fair few others but if the club is not run properly, crooked or otherwise, we will just have wasted 40 mill and without me or Ric getting sued, I wouldn't give this fellah a penny.
Agree. I feel for the fans but a phoenix club will get my support rather than throwing cash at this guy. He might even have bought the club in the hope a benefactor comes along with £1million but as he hasn't filed any accounts yet we don't know what dividends/expenses he's taking out of the business so don't know how good a businessman he really is.

I'm surprised John Whittaker of Peel Holdings hasn't stepped in what with him being raised in the town. I know he's a rag but ... well maybe there's the answer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.