Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

Some Bury fans claim he didn't pass the F&P test but the deal went ahead before the EFL could stop it. Not sure how true that is.
Other EFL clubs should be putting pressure on the EFL to get a resolution to the problem as around a third of them could be next.

I assume Bury are gone now! A shame for the fans. They will have to start again like rangers did! The big question will be what happens to the ground! If they end up like Stockport where they lose it then they will always be on their arse.

Heard Harry Bunn on the news today. I assume that is our Harry Bunn?

I assume Bury are gone now! A shame for the fans. They will have to start again like rangers did! The big question will be what happens to the ground! If they end up like Stockport where they lose it then they will always be on their arse.

Heard Harry Bunn on the news today. I assume that is our Harry Bunn?

Except the tax payer paid for Rangers, Ibrox wasn't sold, assets weren't stripped, we all paid the tax man

I admit to having a biased view as I was taken to Bury as a youngster and also took my boys in their early years, easier and cheaper that going to City. My eldest is a City fan but (used to) follows Bury away at most away games, he told me it was a great social day out and not much bother.
I have read many comments on here about how people were upset when the fans cheered when they beat City and took the piss, it is part and parcel of football, don't take it personally.
City were very close to being in the same situation as Bury before Thaksin took over, as I understand, the wages for a couple of weeks were paid for out of someone own pocket in order to keep the club going, if the Thaksin deal had fallen through City would have been in DEEP trouble.
We are all complaining about how we are losing the game we love and that it is being stripped away from the "man in the street". If the regular guy decides that the fixed and betting controlled game that we are being served up in the Premiership is not for him and many of the local clubs are allowed to disappear where can the weekly fix of live football be got?
Bury and Bolton are just the first of many, I believe that many other clubs will follow in the very near future. The regulating authorities do not appear to be interested in football, as can be seen when the EFL spokesperson opens her mouth, they only appear to be motivated by profit and loss for the EFL.
I don't know how the man in the street can help but clubs like Bury and Bolton NEED to be saved or we can just sit back and wave goodby to a combined history of 276 years of football.
There but for the grace of God!!

I admit to having a biased view as I was taken to Bury as a youngster and also took my boys in their early years, easier and cheaper that going to City. My eldest is a City fan but (used to) follows Bury away at most away games, he told me it was a great social day out and not much bother.
I have read many comments on here about how people were upset when the fans cheered when they beat City and took the piss, it is part and parcel of football, don't take it personally.
City were very close to being in the same situation as Bury before Thaksin took over, as I understand, the wages for a couple of weeks were paid for out of someone own pocket in order to keep the club going, if the Thaksin deal had fallen through City would have been in DEEP trouble.
We are all complaining about how we are losing the game we love and that it is being stripped away from the "man in the street". If the regular guy decides that the fixed and betting controlled game that we are being served up in the Premiership is not for him and many of the local clubs are allowed to disappear where can the weekly fix of live football be got?
Bury and Bolton are just the first of many, I believe that many other clubs will follow in the very near future. The regulating authorities do not appear to be interested in football, as can be seen when the EFL spokesperson opens her mouth, they only appear to be motivated by profit and loss for the EFL.
I don't know how the man in the street can help but clubs like Bury and Bolton NEED to be saved or we can just sit back and wave goodby to a combined history of 276 years of football.

Anyone saying that Bury deserve what they get because they had the audacity to beat us at Maine Road and their fans dared to take the piss is a fucking mard arse twat IMO. I remember that day well - City fan Paul Butler did the damage and if anything, I don't think the Bury fans rubbed it in half as much as they should've. Also, that was the day the City fan got on the pitch from the Kippax and ripped up his season ticket. The Bury fans actually joined in with the home fans in applauding him. No, I've a much bigger issue with the way County fans have behaved towards City fans down the years - often trying to kick off World War 3 for some bizarre reason - when you consider the amount of times we've helped them out with friendlies, turning up at their Friday night games which helped boost their crowds, and of course buying Bill Williams and selling him back to them a couple of months later for half of what we paid. I wouldn't mind but we weren't exactly awash with cash ourselves back then.

I feel really sorry for the Bury fans, and I hope they find some kind of solution.

However, it seems strange how karma has touched virtually every club who enjoyed their 15 minutes of fame at City's expense in the late 90s (Oxford, Stockport, Bury, Macclesfield York, Lincoln), plus the two teams who formed the opposition when we faced the embarrassment of early entry in the FA Cup ( Halifax and Darlington), and our only Autoglass opponent (Mansfield) in the entire history of the competition.

I think I'm right in saying that every club has since hosted National League football or worse.

Yeah, how dare all those teams beat us. Anyway, since when did we lose a game to Macclesfield Town, let alone draw one?

There was absolutely no chance of City going out of business before Sheik Mansour completed his takeover. We may have been put into administration or voluntary liquidation,and with a 12 point deduction the following season it may have been difficult to avoid relegation.
But with crowds of over 40,000 and a brand new stadium City would have bounced back within a year or two(as they had done a few times previously).
If a new club had to created(as per Rangers) this new club would be free of the old clubs debt and would have been able to compete in the top half of the PL.
To compare us with Bury who get crowds of 3/4000 is nonsense. They have always been in the bottom 2 divisions of the Football League apart from a season or two in the late 90s.
And they won the FA Cup twice,in 1900 and 1903,both times well over 110 years ago.

I doubt there's any way City could help Bury legitimately in terms of 'saving' the club and if they, or any other club, tried I'm sure they'd ultimately only be benefiting the owner. If we could help anybody I'd like it to be the staff who apparently haven't been paid for some time.

'Could be a sad day for the town of Bury' it has been said. As harsh as it sounds, this has been coming for a long time......

Bury just does not have the level of support or interest in the town to survive.

The EFL need to have a long hard look at themselves about ownership of clubs. Yesterday I heard them say that they had no issues with Steve Dale taking over from Stuart Day as he was not a disqualified Director.......is this the only thing they looked at???...... The EFL have been demanding Steve Dale provide financial evidence to prove the Club can pay its way for this season, surely when they approved his ownership (was it December 2018?), when he bought the Club for £1, they asked for similar proof that he had the ability to see the Club progress.

I moved to the town of Bury when I was 7 in 1974, my Dad (RIP) wanting to better our family life when he was promoted at his job at ICI as was back then at Hexagon Tower in Blackley. In my time growing up at school I cannot remember there being one single Bury fan in junior school, in fact, I was probably one of two or three City fans at Junior school, I was surrounded by Rags and Dippers. Things did not change at High School, there may have been the odd number of Bury fans, on a similar number to City fans, but in the kick about at break time or dinner time, they were all there, whilst I was happy to be Dennis Tueart, the majority of kids wanted to be Stuart Pearson, Gordon Hill, Kevin Keegan or Kenny Daglish. from those days in the 70's. and prior to that, Bury have not had a chance.

In this modern day, it is clear that the Rags and Dippers still have influence in the town, the kids I grew up with will have produced kids who will have no doubt been drawn into the dark satanic arts of United and Liverpool. Yes, I admit City are also now getting a foothold in the town and in the decades ahead, I am sure that any little lad that relocates to Bury from Manchester and goes to his first day at school in Bury, will find many City fans by his side, alas, there will be no Bury fans, in fact if they went today, I think they would be hard pressed to find a Bury fan.

On a lesser scale, I am sure the Rags and Dippers have had a similar effect on local teams like Bolton and Oldham and you can then take that nationwide also, clubs in towns around the country whose potential support has been taken away by United and Liverpool, but I am sure you will not hear the Media say this.

Seeing all these ordinary,everyday,people who are being affected by this,as their lives are intertwined within the club,makes me so sad.

This will devastate individuals,groups,a community and a town......hopefully there is still time for the prick who currently owns the club to be fucked off and a genuine investor/saviour can be installed.

'Could be a sad day for the town of Bury' it has been said. As harsh as it sounds, this has been coming for a long time......

Bury just does not have the level of support or interest in the town to survive.

The EFL need to have a long hard look at themselves about ownership of clubs. Yesterday I heard them say that they had no issues with Steve Dale taking over from Stuart Day as he was not a disqualified Director.......is this the only thing they looked at???...... The EFL have been demanding Steve Dale provide financial evidence to prove the Club can pay its way for this season, surely when they approved his ownership (was it December 2018?), when he bought the Club for £1, they asked for similar proof that he had the ability to see the Club progress.

I moved to the town of Bury when I was 7 in 1974, my Dad (RIP) wanting to better our family life when he was promoted at his job at ICI as was back then at Hexagon Tower in Blackley. In my time growing up at school I cannot remember there being one single Bury fan in junior school, in fact, I was probably one of two or three City fans at Junior school, I was surrounded by Rags and Dippers. Things did not change at High School, there may have been the odd number of Bury fans, on a similar number to City fans, but in the kick about at break time or dinner time, they were all there, whilst I was happy to be Dennis Tueart, the majority of kids wanted to be Stuart Pearson, Gordon Hill, Kevin Keegan or Kenny Daglish. from those days in the 70's. and prior to that, Bury have not had a chance.

In this modern day, it is clear that the Rags and Dippers still have influence in the town, the kids I grew up with will have produced kids who will have no doubt been drawn into the dark satanic arts of United and Liverpool. Yes, I admit City are also now getting a foothold in the town and in the decades ahead, I am sure that any little lad that relocates to Bury from Manchester and goes to his first day at school in Bury, will find many City fans by his side, alas, there will be no Bury fans, in fact if they went today, I think they would be hard pressed to find a Bury fan.
I was thinking exactly the same as you. In all the years I worked in Middleton,Chadderton,Salford and various parts of Manchester(47 years in total) I have only ever known one match going Bury fan. And that was 40+ years ago in 1977-79.

On a lesser scale, I am sure the Rags and Dippers have had a similar effect on local teams like Bolton and Oldham and you can then take that nationwide also, clubs in towns around the country whose potential support has been taken away by United and Liverpool, but I am sure you will not hear the Media say this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.