Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

Sorry, but where did I say that Macc beat us?

You named them in a number of clubs who "enjoyed their 15 minutes of fame at City's expense" which implies they must've gotten the upper hand on us in a game between the 2 clubs at some point. They didn't. We did the double over them in 1998-99. And they hardly took the piss as fans when they played us - the atmosphere in both matches was friendly enough.

It is sad for Bury fans, very sad. But it's the way the world is going. People have (whether they realise it or not) voted for ruthless capitalism, and ruthless capitalism has no time for institutions like Bury FC except to asset-strip them. Community values and civic pride are scorned these days. Frankly, no one gives a shit unless and until it hits them.

My guess is you will see a lot of clubs go under over the next 10 years or so, and I suspect Bury will not be the biggest or most famous. City, Rags, Liverpool, the big London clubs are pretty much fireproof for the present, but give it 50 years, who knows? 10, 20 years ago I would have thought it inconceivable that a club like Bury could go. But then I would have said the same for Woolworths, BHS, House of Fraser, etc., etc. It's a shitty world we have somehow built for ourselves.

Wont be long until we have two top divisions PL1 and PL2

The rest will return to regional divisions Div1 North Div1 South etc

Hope Bury get bought and survive but if they do for how much longer

I was actually hoping that someone would save Bury but the section of their fans arguing that City are responsible need to look at themselves.

Wont be long until we have two top divisions PL1 and PL2

The rest will return to regional divisions Div1 North Div1 South etc

Hope Bury get bought and survive but if they do for how much longer
Actually think this would be the best solution The football below the Championship should be reorganised even the authority’s FA, PL, EFL and Conference should be merged, the FA would be a overriding authority with professional and amateur organisations. Definitely a regional setup below the Championship meaning the cost of travel and hotels would be much reduced and more local derby games which generally interest fans more. Won’t happen though as it means less opportunity for the freeloaders who run the game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.