Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

You're wrong about our support.

I thought that was pretty obvious from my reply.

No disrespect to you, but the point of my post was that towns like Bury, Bolton, Oldham and Rochdale have a population who, in the majority, clearly prefer to support United and Liverpool, and now kids also turning towards City.

For a town that wants to be a city, the support for Bolton is pretty crap. Looking at the last attendance, which could quite easily have been Bolton's last ever game as a league club, there were 5,000 there. Now Bolton have been saved, what do you expect your next home gate to be?

The EFL failed to protect them from unscrupulous , corrupt ownership and then the EFL decided to make an example of them. Disgraceful.

The EFL failed to protect them from unscrupulous , corrupt ownership and then the EFL decided to make an example of them. Disgraceful.

The efl know there are probably clubs on better financial footing in the conference than some of the clubs that are struggling in the football league. It’s easier to replace teams than to help out teams that helped form association football 130 odd years ago.

They really ought to let go now.
They are considering legal action because the EFL won’t rescind or put them in L2 now that a buyer came forward too late.

They really ought to let go now.
They are considering legal action because the EFL won’t rescind or put them in L2 now that a buyer came forward too late.
Their argument is that the buyer came forward with proof of funds before the 5pm deadline on Tuesday. C & N Sporting Risk pulled out at such a late point that it gave very little time for anyone else to complete a deal but the one they had looked like it could be done quickly, perhaps before the game tomorrow. It feels to me that Bury were made an example of to hurry up those involved in the Bolton deal which suddenly completed sharpish.

Whilst the EFL must have some responsibility in the saga of Bolton & Bury I have some sympathy for them. Generally the clubs having financial problems are desperate for the owners to sell and move on. A potential buyer appears, does their due diligence etc and by the time all this is sorted the creditors are threatening liquidation. What is the EFL to do at this stage when they apply their test of suitability for ownership? Imagine if Bury had agreed a deal on deadline day and the EFL say no they are not "Fit & Proper. All hell would break loose. Perhaps this is why some clubs appear to bounce between frying pan and fire because the EFL might have some doubts but are not in a position to say we have doubts therefore we will not let the sale go ahead.

Whilst the EFL must have some responsibility in the saga of Bolton & Bury I have some sympathy for them. Generally the clubs having financial problems are desperate for the owners to sell and move on. A potential buyer appears, does their due diligence etc and by the time all this is sorted the creditors are threatening liquidation. What is the EFL to do at this stage when they apply their test of suitability for ownership? Imagine if Bury had agreed a deal on deadline day and the EFL say no they are not "Fit & Proper. All hell would break loose. Perhaps this is why some clubs appear to bounce between frying pan and fire because the EFL might have some doubts but are not in a position to say we have doubts therefore we will not let the sale go ahead.
What appears to have happened at Bury is that Day sold to Dale for £1 (because he needed shut of his businesses quickly) and they both went to the EFL to notify them before the league had chance to investigate Dale. I'm not sure if the EFL have made any errors, but you would think that they should still perform a fit and proper test on the new owner. The fact he had links to so many insolvent businesses should have been a reason to bar him from ownership so it suggests they didn't perform the check adequately if at all, but how that would work for the club I don't know, it may have meant they should have been kicked out or at least warned to find a new buyer last season. This may have given them more time to find a buyer, undergo due diligence and sort out the issues that prevented C & N (or someone else) from completing on Tuesday.

Their argument is that the buyer came forward with proof of funds before the 5pm deadline on Tuesday. C & N Sporting Risk pulled out at such a late point that it gave very little time for anyone else to complete a deal but the one they had looked like it could be done quickly, perhaps before the game tomorrow. It feels to me that Bury were made an example of to hurry up those involved in the Bolton deal which suddenly completed sharpish.

And the buyer might have been as fit and proper as Dale was.

No disrespect to you, but the point of my post was that towns like Bury, Bolton, Oldham and Rochdale have a population who, in the majority, clearly prefer to support United and Liverpool, and now kids also turning towards City.

For a town that wants to be a city, the support for Bolton is pretty crap. Looking at the last attendance, which could quite easily have been Bolton's last ever game as a league club, there were 5,000 there. Now Bolton have been saved, what do you expect your next home gate to be?

You were wrong the first time and you're still wrong now.

We wouldn't be the third best supported club in the area if the majority supported other clubs.

We haven't been allowed to sell any season tickets this season.

Tickets for the first home game only went on sale just over 24 hours before the game with no sales on the day.

The next home game was called off at the last minute.

Not to mention that we're bottom of the league with minus -11 points and probably more deductions to come and you're calling our support?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.