Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

Each team that wins it gets some kind of replica to keep as a momento.

so would they be worth £48.000 ?? maybe not even solid silver just silver plate

also i would bet back then there was little to no money in football and the FA would not pay for a replica each time a team won it ? maybe bury would have had to pay for it themselves or later on in the 40s or 50s bury had them made to show in the trophy room

so would they be worth £48.000 ?? maybe not even solid silver just silver plate

also i would bet back then there was little to no money in football and the FA would not pay for a replica each time a team won it ? maybe bury would have had to pay for it themselves or later on in the 40s or 50s bury had them made to show in the trophy room
I suspect you are correct at the time nothing would be given but imagine at some point in the latter part of last century maybe something was given to each previous winning side and the tradition continued.
In terms of value i guess none have been sold as i would hope each winning team would still have it in their posession - the only notable one being Wimbledon's 1988 trophy which is on display at Merton Borough library as AFC Wimbledon objected to MK Dons keeping but acknowledging that they were not entitled to keep it either

I suspect you are correct at the time nothing would be given but imagine at some point in the latter part of last century maybe something was given to each previous winning side and the tradition continued.
In terms of value i guess none have been sold as i would hope each winning team would still have it in their posession - the only notable one being Wimbledon's 1988 trophy which is on display at Merton Borough library as AFC Wimbledon objected to MK Dons keeping but acknowledging that they were not entitled to keep it either

did manchester city get one after the 1969 cup final win because i don't think we had it on show ?? maybe wrong
city did not really have a trophy room you could go and have a look round but i think we had the chairman's lounge and that had stuff in it ? remembered the city documentary and it had stuff in and players international caps

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.