Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

yep that how it will work ??
and in a way its better for the league if it happens right now and not into 10 or 20 games and then the EFL could have to work out the points bury won and loss and give the points back ????
I would feel for the team Bury were supposed to be playing as it totally throws the start of their season up in the air through no fault of their own, but when said team is MK Dons I don’t have much sympathy

Some Bury fans are claiming their current owners has indulged in dodgy dealings since he's been at the club, but more importantly failed the EFL's "fit and proper person" test.
What is the point of the test if it's true he failed and the EFL can't dislodge him? Or are the EFL as much a bunch of clowns as the FA, the PL, UEFA and FIFA?

Has anyone read the 'statement' Bury's chairman put out yesterday? Shocking. Apparently players are turning up for training and unable to train due to insurance issues.

Sadly, it looks as if they will become the (old) Accrington Stanley of our times. My impression is the owner doesn't give a shit and makes Swales look like Mansour. The ground will be built on - properties just south of there are surprisingly expensive for central Bury - and maybe a new club will form to take a spot in Division 11, or wherever you start.

Pity it has to be Bury, they are an historic club. First in GM to win the FA Cup. But I have seen this coming, for someone, for a long time. These clubs mostly lose money hand over fist, and there only so many mad keen football fan multi-millionaires to go round.

Gigg Lane, prime location for building houses. Just hope they come back just as Accrington did. Such a shame.

If Gigg Lane becomes Nexen Tire Etihad Etisalat Arena they can have a few bob for it. If our youngsters can go and get guaranteed game time in the football league they can have a few bob for that too. Like Hyde we can do something if it's mutually beneficial.

Sadly, it looks as if they will become the (old) Accrington Stanley of our times. My impression is the owner doesn't give a shit and makes Swales look like Mansour. The ground will be built on - properties just south of there are surprisingly expensive for central Bury - and maybe a new club will form to take a spot in Division 11, or wherever you start.

Pity it has to be Bury, they are an historic club. First in GM to win the FA Cup. But I have seen this coming, for someone, for a long time. These clubs mostly lose money hand over fist, and there only so many mad keen football fan multi-millionaires to go round.
They won't be the last, I'm certain. The game isn't set up to allow money to filter down from the rich clubs any more. FFP means clubs with plenty of cash still have to have an eye on their spending, so it will be driving transfer fees down when buying from teams lower down the structure.

Gigg Lane has been a football ground for longer (1885) than City have existed. I can only think of Anfield (1884), Ewood Park (1882) & Deepdale (1878) as older English club grounds off the top of my head, but Bury have never played home games permanently at another stadium as far as I can tell, as they were formed in the same year, so possibly the longest one-stadium club in England.

Bramall Lane (1855) but like Anfield, their tenant/owner was formed after 1885.

EDIT: Stamford Bridge & Field Mill are older also, but fall in the same category as above where the clubs were formed much later. Wrexham's ground is older, and the club is too but they played 2 years elsewhere, didn't join the English league until 1921 and are welsh anyway.

Last edited:
If Gigg Lane becomes Nexen Tire Etihad Etisalat Arena they can have a few bob for it. If our youngsters can go and get guaranteed game time in the football league they can have a few bob for that too. Like Hyde we can do something if it's mutually beneficial.

its against the rules that no 2 clubs in the same country can have the same owners or input with investment

bury have many time crossed the line and fucked up only this time its game over

Some Bury fans are claiming their current owners has indulged in dodgy dealings since he's been at the club, but more importantly failed the EFL's "fit and proper person" test.
What is the point of the test if it's true he failed and the EFL can't dislodge him? Or are the EFL as much a bunch of clowns as the FA, the PL, UEFA and FIFA?

Who is Steve Dale? I'm assuming an outsider and fronting the deal for someone else.

I had ties with Hereford United and a succession of randoms took control of the club bought for £2.00 (a developer, a convicted thief, a serial bankrupt) before they were eventually wound up after being demoted. It's understood a businessman has designs on old football grounds and chances his arm with desperate situations. I'll refrain from naming him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.