Bus parking for beginners

one bit of comfort

we are saving a small fortune by

not be allowed into the stadium

and paying for this turgid predictable shit

This is an 'nice' word and does fit the present approach. We are going through a phase where we can't hit a barn door with one of Noel's banjos, but the slow methodical, plodding nature of our play just does not put the slightest pressure on the poorest of defences. The second we up the ante and inject a bit of pace we do 'em - only trouble is that the finishing doesn't finish and we are fucked over in quick sticks at t'other end!

We were, in effect, one trick ponies. But what a trick we had!! So brilliant to see.
Now we don't have those surprises up our sleeves anymore.
This highly polished machine is missing some key gears.
It is worrying that we are so bad at the moment. Doesn't look like anything can change either. The personnel just can't play the way previous teams have done.
Seems to be a lack of courage and imagination in the side.
I disagree with folk thinking physical speed in cdm is the answer, it is speed of thought we are short on.
I don't know the answer to the problem, but I sure hope pep does cos things are starting to get fretful.
Maybe we need a low point to bring the hunger and passion back to the team (and I don't think Spurs was it, maybe the Derby will be our season low point to bring the team to their senses), I just don't fucking know anymore
were like a V8 engine missing a crankshaft

This is an 'nice' word and does fit the present approach. We are going through a phase where we can't hit a barn door with one of Noel's banjos, but the slow methodical, plodding nature of our play just does not put the slightest pressure on the poorest of defences. The second we up the ante and inject a bit of pace we do 'em - only trouble is that the finishing doesn't finish and we are fucked over in quick sticks at t'other end!
Tis true
you can see it,i can see it ,we can all see it
apart from our dogmatic boss,but i believe he does see it,he's no fool,
but he still wont adapt or change it
something as to give sooner or later though

We play too high up the pitch which allows these teams to defend how they do . We use to play a lot deeper just outside our box , moving the ball with quick one touch passes , just enough to pull the opposition out of their cumfy zone . Gaps would appear with the opposition being stretched , then either a wonder move or killer pass would open them up . But this can't happen while we are knocking it about just over the half way line , everything is too tight and congested , no room for a wonder move or killer pass . This might end up with our back line knocking it to each other for half an hour or until the opposition get the bottle to cross the half way line , but it will prove that these teams are just playing shithouse football and should not be getting praised by the Nevels of this world for coward shithouse tactics .

1. Play a left footer on the left and a right footer on the right. Whipping the ball in with a players stronger foot is more effective than trying to cut inside and beat 3 men before getting a shot in from 20 yards out.
2. Give us another dimension up front with a bit of height. I know Delap is young and inexperienced but he offers a different dimension. Problem is Pep doesn't like a big un or more than one up front which is why I think Haaland joining us is pie in the sky.
3. Sometimes, try sitting a bit deeper and bring the opposition onto us. In Sterling, Kev, Torres and Foden we have some of the best counter attacking players out there. it's one of their best attributes but our formation does not allow them to use it.
4. The press. It's vanished. Fundamental to our style of play and without it we are fucked. Not just on the back of yesterday's result but it seems to me the players have had enough of the physical extremes of playing for Pep. Energy levels been off for over a year.

It's not great for us when teams park the bus but it works more often than not & it won't be changing anytime soon.
It's up to Pep to come up with the answers to it and soon, otherwise this season will be another 'transitional season.
He's paid tens of millions a year to come up with the answers now, with the squad he already has at his disposal....and not only when he has the perfect player in each position
And he still has no answers to it, he's not capable of changing our style of play and it is a major concern

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.