Business Done Early or Transfer Window Entertainment?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by SebastianBlue, 16 May 2018.

1. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Would you rather we get all of our transfer business done in the first few weeks of the window or have our signings spread out across the summer, perhaps even with some deadline day intrigue?

Are you all about ruthless efficiency for player integration, team building, and preseason experimentation or is the transfer window a source of entertainment for you that is diminished when we are incomings/outgoings are done and dusted early on?

——————————————————————————

After Pep’s statements about only looking to bring one or two more players in this upcoming transfer window—whether genuine or mind games—it got me thinking about what I would prefer for this window, given we will likely have a much smaller number of incomings for next season. Last year was the squad rebuild; this year is the squad tweaking/reinforcement.

Although I do enjoy the transfer silly season, the ridiculous rumours and rampant repudiations, the social media hints and player announcement surprises, I generally lean toward the early business side, as I much prefer a beded squad that know what is expected of them and the time for our coaching staff to focus completely on training and preparation.

It does make for a bit more boring experience but I do not want immediate gratification—I want domestic and continental domination!

The WC will no doubt affect our ability to bring players in early, as their agents and endorsement companies advise them to wait until after the tournament so they (presumably after a good performance) can garner greater attention and improved opportunities, but who knows what groundwork we have already laid. Perhaps we are already have some quick draw deals at the ready for a soon as the transfer window opens.

So what is your poison of choice? Be honest, as we all know early business is usually the best scenario, but that may not be what we enjoy as fans.

2. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

We can have our cake and eat it surely.

Get Jorge & the Leicester guy in pre--WC then chat bollocks on here about Wagner Love in the Arndale with a City baseball cap on.

3. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Early and we can derive our entertainment from the stress suffered by fans of other teams.

4. karen7

karen7

Early with a sprinking of Aloffs drama

5. jimharri

jimharri

Late july/early august; rumours that Messi was spotted in an estate agents in Prestbury. I can't wait!

6. jonmcity

jonmcity

Early and sit back and enjoy the panic after the world up.

7. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

I have heard a diminutive Argentinian is looking for a nice, everyman home in Stockport.

8. Jazzman

Jazzman

+1

9. doobyedoobye

doobyedoobye

I get the impression there may be 1 or two departures that could spice up the window

10. TCIB

TCIB

Ruthless efficiency for me Sebastian. Get it done quick so everyone knows whats happening as soon as possible a-la player integration you note and stuff surrounding that.