Business Done Early or Transfer Window Entertainment?

I get the impression there may be 1 or two departures that could spice up the window
You may be right. It could very well be the element that forces us to work on a late window replacement signing.

Or it could be that we are already aware of it, and have been working on a deal to address the vacancy, but it is such a colossal endeavour that it will take the entire window to complete, with many a “will they, won’t though” transfer story to play out in the media.

Whether it is all early business may be somewhat out of our hands, especially given the WC, as I suggest in my original post. Transfer windows in WC summers are always difficult to predict.

Last edited:
World Cup, new transfer window dates will impact Premier League business

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog...ll-have-big-impact-on-premier-league-business

———————————————————————————————

Interesting read about how the WC and the new transfer window timeframe will impact business.

I had honestly completely forgotten about that this summer’s window closing on 9 August (with it opening this Thursday).

I am even more strongly in favour of early business now, though, that is going to be extremely challenging. Hopefully our exploits this season greases the wheels a bit.

Last edited:
The period of the window is not helpful for whoever get up in the play-offs.

There's every chance we & other clubs will be business completed by the time Fulham/Villa know what league they're in.

For me with the transfer window opening tomorrow let's get all our business done before the WC. Then we can watch as the other clubs start fighting over the players that will be come available after the WC, and their prices have gone up by a few million £'s.

With Pep as our manager their should be no problems in get the players which Pep wants to come to the club.

Get in early.

Pep and his team dont need to wait, they are constantly on the watch for the right talent and mindset. They will know who should come in and it's worth getting it done before the world cup and pre-season spending spree drives prices up.

Then we can sit back and watch Utd spend jizzilions on a marquee signings - It's the only way Mourinho knows

No brainer, get it done early.

The World Cup is going to skew the fuck out of that market, and as funny as Karel Poborsky was, I dont want that happening to us....well, anymore than it already has with some of the showers of shit we've bought over the years.

Get in early.

Pep and his team dont need to wait, they are constantly on the watch for the right talent and mindset. They will know who should come in and it's worth getting it done before the world cup and pre-season spending spree drives prices up.

Then we can sit back and watch Utd spend jizzilions on a marquee signings - It's the only way Mourinho knows
I agree. They have most likely been working on deals behind the scenes for some time now.

I just hope the clubs outside of the Premier League do not leverage the WC ‘blackout’ and early PL transfer window close (effectively a very short ‘sub’ window) to extort us for higher transfer fees. It will probably be much easier to create a frenzied bidding war for a player this transfer window because of the ludicrous decision to shift the window timeframe out of sync with the rest of Europe.
No brainer, get it done early.

The World Cup is going to skew the fuck out of that market, and as funny as Karel Poborsky was, I dont want that happening to us....well, anymore than it already has with some of the showers of shit we've bought over the years.
Of course, it is generally the best strategy, but that is why I said “be honest”, as just because it is the best course of action does not mean it is really what everyone wants from an entertainment perspective, if they are honest with themselves. ;-)

Think deals will be done early but registration isn't till July so no anouncements till after WC.

Or we wait till after world cup and watch the transfer forum fun

Or we announce some, they get injured in WC and the forum goes into full flapping mode.

Or something else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.