Business Loan

KingRuben

I'm 17 and have an idea for a business, only early planning but it's a carpet cleaning business with plans to expand, the start up costs would consist of the cleaning product they're usually about £1000, a van, lessons/crash course, insurance, chemical products & advertising, how would much do you think this would total? and does anybody have any tips on getting the finance, most banks if not all I think need you to legally be 18 and the only other way is a business loan or maybe a family member/freind? p.s any tips feedback on the idea? always been passionate about business and running my own!

I dont mean to be funny about this mate but if you are serious about starting up a business you shouldn't be coming on here and asking how much will it cost

You obviously have the internet so you can research this stuff

I have researched, It's only early doors but I just wanted abit of feedback as sometimes personally I think you can gain more knowledge on places to go for certain things rather than the first page of google results but mostly I just wanted to hear what people thought of it, and I'm very bored right now haha

advertising could be anywhere from free to 100 million pounds..

the effort you put into your initial post seems to be the amount of effort you are putting into this business which is not a lot.

I think the best bet would be to research it,then research it again.Check up on cleaning franchises,these guys do it right,then copy them.
Finance wise,I think you'd be best tapping up friends and family with a well thought out business plan,banks wont touch you without any form of collateral or experience

Have a look at the site below,it will give you an insight.There are a few guys in your shoes with the same ideas

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/</a>

alot of arsey people on this monday morning, would you off prefered posting a diary of market research, full business plan and cash flow forecast? I'm asking for a rough idea or feedback, not for you to invest

DonnyCityLove said:
alot of arsey people on this monday morning, would you off prefered posting a diary of market research, full business plan and cash flow forecast? I'm asking for a rough idea or feedback, not for you to invest

If you are going to enter a business plan, you might want to get it proof read for spelling and grammatical errors.

Passing your test and insuring a van will cost you well over 2k for a start.

I have to say starting up with a big loan doesn't sound like a good idea (unless you get interest free or very low apr). You're playing 'catch up' from day one and will be working for nothing for a long long time unless your project takes off spectacularly in the first 6 months.

try contacting the princes trust they used to run a scheme of financially assisting under 24s to set up.new business not sure if its still running though but would be worth finding out .

I'll give you a trial - if you do a good job on my front room carpet i might use you again. You could do with the practice and experience - i am offereing a free location to trial your cleaning on. I will not need any payment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.