Business support grants

henrythedogcity

I have a small business and have been shut for the last six weeks and have lost a few Grand as a result.
I've applied to local council for £10000 grant over two weeks ago and not heard a thing.
The thing is I pay my business rates as part of my rent and think this is the problem as I know people who rent small lock ups and have been paid out within days.
Anyone in the same boat :(

Your council if you qualify will pay it automatically mate

I have a small business and have been shut for the last six weeks and have lost a few Grand as a result.
I've applied to local council for £10000 grant over two weeks ago and not heard a thing.
The thing is I pay my business rates as part of my rent and think this is the problem as I know people who rent small lock ups and have been paid out within days.
Anyone in the same boat :(
A mate of mine who's a bit of a bum by the way.
He rents a small container for his tools etc .
Hardly goes to work his Van's been off the road for 12 months.
Has just received this.
You cant make it up

Your council if you qualify will pay it automatically mate
Not the 10,000 grant, we had to apply for that by 31st March , it was a fairly simple form but they wanted a copy of business bank statement too. Got paid at the start of April.

Not the 10,000 grant, we had to apply for that by 31st March , it was a fairly simple form but they wanted a copy of business bank statement too. Got paid at the start of April.

I thought that was the grant issued automatically by councils to all business that qualified due to them having business premises and either paying rates or not having to because of exemption? I run my business from home so never qualified for anything so didnt look any further on it to be fair.

I thought that was the grant issued automatically by councils to all business that qualified due to them having business premises and either paying rates or not having to because of exemption? I run my business from home so never qualified for anything so didnt look any further on it to be fair.
I thought it would be just done automatically too, but had to do a fairly simple application. Was all fairly smooth and simple though, maybe just so the council have a paper trail to claim the money back from government.

I thought it would be just done automatically too, but had to do a fairly simple application. Was all fairly smooth and simple though, maybe just so the council have a paper trail to claim the money back from government.

Just seen the £2000 grant for self employed as well on council website which is great.

Sadly still no help for company directors of small businesses ran from home and i fear we wont ever get any help.

Just seen the £2000 grant for self employed as well on council website which is great.

Sadly still no help for company directors of small businesses ran from home and i fear we wont ever get any help.
Do you get the £2000 as a new business though. To be honest I’ve been lucky qualifying for the the first grant to cover overheads, and will do Okay when we finally get the 3 months 80% self employed government help too. Should tie us over until we can re open at least partially for takeaways if it’s in the next 2 -3 weeks. Hope you’re managing not too bad.

Staffs County Council have offered similar to businesses.

I applied and got a phone call to assess eligibility. Because I didn't need to pay for anything specific and I'e got (just about) enough in reserve to pay creditors then I'm not eligible.

In effect, I've been penalised for running my business properly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.