Buying a car during lockdown

marco

well the car has packed up,i think cambelt snapped,so for the last few days i have been looking on ebay,car guru etc, i have found what i want however its a private sale and 220 miles away also probably around 2/3k cheaper than a dealer,, i cant go to see it because of the rules however the guy has sent me a video of it and im prepared to buy it on the strenghth of that, this does not give any idea of faults to the gearbox or engine but i could get it AA inspected for around £100 at his place,,a car transport company will collect it and bring it up to my place for £200,,the only problem with all this is how would i pay him with it being a private sale,i cant send him 10k on the strengh hes going to turn the car over to the transport company,he may just disapear into thin air,,am i overlooking any other ways it could be done?

Would you not just buy a new car?

Put 2-3k down as a deposit, use the rest of the !0k towards monthly payments.

I just got a brand new Volvo XC40 automatic, £2k deposit and its about £340 a month....granted, that adds up to more than 10k...but you can still get a great, new car with the money you are talking about

well the car has packed up,i think cambelt snapped,so for the last few days i have been looking on ebay,car guru etc, i have found what i want however its a private sale and 220 miles away also probably around 2/3k cheaper than a dealer,, i cant go to see it because of the rules however the guy has sent me a video of it and im prepared to buy it on the strenghth of that, this does not give any idea of faults to the gearbox or engine but i could get it AA inspected for around £100 at his place,,a car transport company will collect it and bring it up to my place for £200,,the only problem with all this is how would i pay him with it being a private sale,i cant send him 10k on the strengh hes going to turn the car over to the transport company,he may just disapear into thin air,,am i overlooking any other ways it could be done?
Maybe do a bank transfer after you have done a test drive and are happy with it ?

Would you not just buy a new car?

Put 2-3k down as a deposit, use the rest of the !0k towards monthly payments.

I just got a brand new Volvo XC40 automatic, £2k deposit and its about £340 a month....granted, that adds up to more than 10k...but you can still get a great, new car with the money you are talking about
its a good option if it fits your circumstances,had car finance in the past and said id never do it again,it seemed like a lifetime i was paying it off, im trying to reduce my debt level now as im entering pension age in 7 years

its a good option if it fits your circumstances,had car finance in the past and said id never do it again,it seemed like a lifetime i was paying it off, im trying to reduce my debt level now as im entering pension age in 7 years
I have PCH deal...Personal Contract Hire...its for 4 years and i just hand the car back in 4 years time. You can go PCP, which will give you an option to buy the car at the end, or hand back...but its usually a bit more expensive.

Ive a few mates in the car trade...in sales, aftersales, mechanics, new and used.....and they have always said to go for a new car......no MOT, often get a servicing package.....no problems (or very few).
If you can afford a certain amount each month, there WILL be a car deal for you.

Ive just resigned myself to the fact i need to pay £X amount a month on a car....so for that i want no hassle, a nice/decent car

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.