Buying a car during lockdown

Just finished tickling this photo back to life only an hour a go. It's still wet so be careful.
Our Ford Anglia circa 63 with a Rochdale DK plate modeled to perfection by me and our kid.

i5vHKCD.jpg

Just look at them gas lit caravans : )

I'll bet your bum cheeks squeaked when you slid of the bonnet.

Any idea where she got that deal from? Or any recommendations for dealers with decent PCH deals?

I've never fancied getting a financed car, seen too many young lads blow too much of their monthly salary on a car that's never going to be theirs. However, these PCH deals seem like decent business as long as you spend within your means and don't go too high on the spec.

I drive a little old banger that I own outright, but contemplating upgrading it before it dies, the locks on it are knackered so it'd be a mare even trying to sell it. Would probably be worth upgrading soon for the amount of mileage I do. Trying to save for a house though too while renting and working my back off in an underpaid job. Feels like a never ending slog towards owning my own house or having a better car.
The deals dependent on not only the cost of car but the finance rate. For second hand motors it tends to be around 9.9% but on new you can get no interest or low finance at 2.9%. Loads of deals in the trader dependent on your choice of car, but as you say keep the spec low and it should be fine. For example you could aquire a 1 year old 1400 corsa hatchback on a 4 year pci @ £130 a month with 800 down. About the same as a bus pass weekly and then just hand it back and go again. Renting it in effect for £5 a day.

Last edited:
Or what about a brand new car for a ton a month. A dacia Sandero 1.0 litre sce for £105 monthly over 4 years with £250 down. Hoozah Hoozah! Its a dacia but has a warranty to cover the full rental period.

Or a mitsubishi mirage 1200 for £115 a month

Any idea where she got that deal from? Or any recommendations for dealers with decent PCH deals?

I've never fancied getting a financed car, seen too many young lads blow too much of their monthly salary on a car that's never going to be theirs. However, these PCH deals seem like decent business as long as you spend within your means and don't go too high on the spec.

I drive a little old banger that I own outright, but contemplating upgrading it before it dies, the locks on it are knackered so it'd be a mare even trying to sell it. Would probably be worth upgrading soon for the amount of mileage I do. Trying to save for a house though too while renting and working my back off in an underpaid job. Feels like a never ending slog towards owning my own house or having a better car.
I think this was actually a PCP deal (personal contract plan), where you get 3 choices at the end of 3, or 4 years.
1) Pay the amount
2) Hand it back.
3) Part ex it for another, or indeed anything new.
This gives cheap payments because what's known as 'Guaranteed future value' is deducted at the start, ie;
Cost = £10,000
GFV deducted =£5000
Finance is then paid on only £5000, although interest payments are calculated at the full £10,000. In the past, with rates at 10%, it made these deals unattractive, but rates (as far as I know, I've not checked), are now
very low, hence smaller payments.
Just check online for new dealers mate, and you can get payment rates without the mither of a showroom.
Having said all that, if you just want transport, I drive a 15 year old Focus,
paid a grand for it 3 years ago, have just paid £540 quid, for brakes, pipes, tyres, service, and new springs and it'll go for another 3years no bother.

Or what about a brand new car for a ton a month. A dacia Sandero 1.0 litre sce for £105 monthly over 4 years with £250 down. Hoozah Hoozah! Its a dacia but has a warranty to cover the full rental period.

This.

Yep...I get what you're saying, and having a lump sum is a big part of the problem. But I'm ok spending that per month for a really nice brand new car that I won't have any issues with.
Yeah I get that, I can certainly see the appeal, I was just surprised at the bit where you said your mates in the business recommend getting new cars - just seems such an expensive way to go about it. Nice if you can afford it though!

Thanks mate,

Which dealer did you see this at mate?

I am as full as an onion at the moment but I do remember the dacia deal is on Parkers and I bookmarked it
A second hand corsa 1400 is available for £130 mark.. Cheaper than a bus pass for one person and if there are two of you then you've swum the channel and covered in seaweed

PCP: Dacia Sandero

Best new car for £100 a month for: value

2020 Dacia Sandero

The Sandero is officially the cheapest new car in the UK, with a modest starting price of £7,995.

For £100 per month you can afford an Essential model. These have DAB radios, remote central locking, and front electric windows.

The Sandero is priced similarly to a city car like the Kia Picanto, but size wise, it's actually closer to a larger supermini like the Ford Fiesta.**

Dacia Sandero PCP deal

• Monthly cost: £99 (48 payments)
  • Deposit: £1,038 (including £250 manufacturer deposit contribution)
  • Total amount payable by customer to buy car: £9,386
  • Cash price: £7,995
  • Mileage allowance: 6,000 miles per year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.