Buying a car during lockdown

Time is of the essence. Car finally packed up on Saturday night and I have replaced it with a new Dacia Sandero Stepway. Never thought I'd buy a new car but the price I got and the value for money that Dacia offer, it made sense. Knowing my luck I'll total the thing or have it stolen within a matter of weeks, but I'm expecting a fair upgrade in spec to what I'm used to.

Scrapping the old car on Friday, going to be a sad day, been a good 4 years and a good few scrapes and near misses.
You can't beat doing the new car thing at a dealer - one thing for certain there won't be anything ugly hiding. The only thing to watch (which won't apply to the OP) is any trade in shenanigans - new car dealers are not interested and give you bottom dollar

I ordered a new Land Rover between Christmas & New Year and the dealer would only offer me just under £12K for my pick up truck on the trade-in - a quick WBAC quote on New Years Day came out at £16,500 - kerching, they knocked off (as expected) a grand for little dings but still, over £3,500 better from them - as I saw someone else post here, second hand market is strong at the moment. It's always worth getting a baseline from WBAC

There’s more scams than ever going on in lockdown and if it doesn’t feel right then it probably isn’t right.

Just watching Salvage Hunters - Classic Cars. £20k for a Mk1 Fiesta S. The worlds gone fucking mad.

I stand corrected - sold for £24,250.......£24,2 fucking 50 for a Mk1 Fiesta. I wouldn't normally advocate buying a brand new car but a brand new base model Fiesta which will beat that Mk1 S in any way you consider is listed at £16,645

run it into the ground. Fancy cars are a pain in the arse. Always telling you off and beeping at you.
Good point. For anyone out there considering new, for fucks sake don't buy a Volvo, a mate asked me to move one from his drive, whilst he put his Mrs' car
in the garage. No key, just a fob, which after turning lights on and off finally opened, then I'm peering and pissing about trying to find how to start it, I finally find that, the dash lights up like a Christmas tree, something beeping away like crazy, and an auto box I've never seen the likes of. Then, after jerking and hopping like a bastard kangaroo with the beeping now at 500 decibels because of the fucking seat belt, I got to the road and he put the other car in.
I told him to put the Volvo back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.