Buying a laptop from Gumtree?

Blue Smarties

Would you? I'm not too sure whether to buy it or not. I've got my eyes on a shiny new laptop for uni from PC World which is around £600, there's one on Gumtree for £350 some guy bought three months ago which he's now selling as he needs to sell it for bills and he has a desktop at the same spec. Thing is... it's Gumtree. All sorts of questions arise when it's not bought from a store. Would you go along and just buy it? Part of me wants to so I have some extra cash to piss away before university and another part of me wants to pay a bit more to make sure it has a warranty etc. Mini first world dilemma/problem.

I bought a second hand mac book pro off ebay for £385.

Its the dog's.

Steer clear of gumtree. Ebay, paypal and paying off a credit card offers you sooo much more protection should the whole thing over arse over tit.

Lavinda Past said:
Don't do it. It'll probably be knocked off, f*cked, or at best full of Gary Glitter's photo collection.

Shop around - You can get a better deal (with warranty) off a proper dealer on Ebay.
At best? How would peado pics be the best outcome?

Blue Smarties said:
Would you? I'm not too sure whether to buy it or not. I've got my eyes on a shiny new laptop for uni from PC World which is around £600, there's one on Gumtree for £350 some guy bought three months ago which he's now selling as he needs to sell it for bills and he has a desktop at the same spec. Thing is... it's Gumtree. All sorts of questions arise when it's not bought from a store. Would you go along and just buy it? Part of me wants to so I have some extra cash to piss away before university and another part of me wants to pay a bit more to make sure it has a warranty etc. Mini first world dilemma/problem.
if only bought 3 month ago, it should have a warranty?

ask for proof of purchase and if he did buy it 3 month ago, then i would buy it

cityfansimon said:
Lavinda Past said:
Don't do it. It'll probably be knocked off, f*cked, or at best full of Gary Glitter's photo collection.

Shop around - You can get a better deal (with warranty) off a proper dealer on Ebay.

Hahaha.

cityfansimon said:
Lavinda Past said:

It depends what floats your boat...

tasker said:
Blue Smarties said:

Very good point, when/if he replies to my email asking if it's still for sale I'll ask him if he's got proof of receipt/warranty. Cheers.

Blue Smarties said:
tasker said:
Blue Smarties said:

Very good point, when/if he replies to my email asking if it's still for sale I'll ask him if he's got proof of receipt/warranty. Cheers.
ask him if hes a kiddy fiddler while your at it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.