Buying a new TV

I too am in need of a new TV.

Seen a Toshiba OLED for significantly less than the LG model but wondering if you get what you pay for... LG and Samsung seem to lead the market. Sony seems overpriced when it too uses LG OLED tech, and Panasonic doesn't seem to offer one. Looking for something around £800-1k installed.

There a few LG B8 OLED 55" still available at Richer sounds and for pennies or the LG C8 55" with faster processor for the mid thirteen mark. For 65 screen size then the LGB8 is only £1650 .Last years set of course but not much of an upgrade on the 9 series anyway so offering much better value for you. I bought the E6 in 2017 just as it was being superseded saving considerably on the launch price so it's a sensible call as they all have stunning P.Q's. The OLED'S have really come down in price over the last 3 years so happy days.

Last edited:
I too am in need of a new TV.

Seen a Toshiba OLED for significantly less than the LG model but wondering if you get what you pay for... LG and Samsung seem to lead the market. Sony seems overpriced when it too uses LG OLED tech, and Panasonic doesn't seem to offer one. Looking for something around £800-1k installed.

We recently bought a Samsung 7 sereies 55inch. This:-

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-an...4XwkOI-rhTTTsu03C6BoCOiYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Not sure spending over £1k or more to go for a QLED / OLED is remotley worth it. Very pleased with ours. One thing that i think is important is what apps it can take, we have had no issues - everything is there but my inlaws have a panasonic and it doesnt even offer the basic channels like itv hub. I dont know what that is about but would piss me off no end.

There a few LG B8 OLED 55" still available at Richer sounds and for pennies or the LG C8 55" with faster processor for the mid thirteen mark. For 65 screen size then the LGB8 is only £1650 .Last years set of course but not much of an upgrade on the 9 series anyway so offering much better value for you. I bought the E6 in 2017 just as it was being superseded saving £1750 on the launch price so it's a sensible call as they all have stunning P.Q's. The OLED'S have really come down in price over the last 3 years so happy days for you.

Thanks for the advice!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.