Buzzcocks Pete Shelley - RIP

I was there and thought that was a really nice touch. The crowd fucking loved it.

Both bands were absolutely mustard last night. Top night.

I’ve always come out of a James gig thinking money well spent. Never felt short changed.

I tend to like the Some Friendly Charlatans stuff so some of their set wasn’t for me and I thought the sound was a bit off but they nailed the Buzzcocks song.

I’ve always come out of a James gig thinking money well spent. Never felt short changed.

I tend to like the Some Friendly Charlatans stuff so some of their set wasn’t for me and I thought the sound was a bit off but they nailed the Buzzcocks song.

I’m a huge fan of the Charlatans first 3 lps but not so much since then. Fucking love that early sound to death.

Refused to play live on the tube tv programme as tranmere were playing that night even when channel 4 offered to fly them by helicopter.
Saw them live at a festival and someone shouted out for one of their songs. Nigel blackwell stopped playing, said " yeah thats one of ours" and carried on playing.

Used to play footie with them every Friday afternoon in Birkenhead Park, back in about 88/89. Nice lads. Nigel Blackwell’s a frickin’ genius IMO.

“Halfway up the Wrekin, with an empty flask of tea,
a fog descends and takes away my vis-i-bility,
yet in this Helen Keller state I’d still quite like to know,
Why is Rod Hull alive and getting paid as well!”

Ha! Scouse humour band.... Their brilliant 80's album "Back in the DHSS" (dept of social security)
YouTube "all I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague Away kit" and The Trumpton Riots (Trumpton was a children's TV shows where the characters were made of wood)
I had that album and it is a great album. I say had as i had it in my record collection one day, then I didn't all of a sudden. I may have took it to a party and left it or got in nicked or something.

I remember seeing them at Belle Vue before they had an album out when I was 14. They were handing out badges. Nobody had a clue what they meant at the time.

buzzcocks-badge.jpg

We used to go to their offices (new hormones) near Piccadilly station somewhere and pester them for badges. posters etc.

400-1.jpg

The Buzzcocks were the first band I saw live. From memory it was at the Apollo and they were supported by Joy Division, probably around 1978/79. The Buzzcocks, Joy Division and Magazine (Howard Devoto) really put Manchester music on the map. I remember when I had a stall at Afflecks Palace in 1980 and Pete came in and I mithered him for badges. He didn't have any spare so gave me a couple that he was wearing. Nice guy. Wish I kept the badges.

The Buzzcocks were the first band I saw live. From memory it was at the Apollo and they were supported by Joy Division, probably around 1978/79. The Buzzcocks, Joy Division and Magazine (Howard Devoto) really put Manchester music on the map. I remember when I had a stall at Afflecks Palace in 1980 and Pete came in and I mithered him for badges. He didn't have any spare so gave me a couple that he was wearing. Nice guy. Wish I kept the badges.

I managed to see them last year for the first time since 1979. ; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.