by 2026

Bill

it will be 60 years since we held the world cup.

that stat alone says that blatter and fifa can only be corrupt.

now that twat will be dead but you can bet twattini takes his place.

disgraceful.

de niro said:

disgraceful.

I think, de niro, the more disgraceful stat is that in the intervening years we won't have won the cup, let alone the bid.

de niro said:

disgraceful.
how many years is it since russia held it?............longer than 66yrs considering they never have.

And Russia have never held it nor have Eastern Europe. So what's your point, you agree with them getting it?

i don't see the problem with a country who have never hosted it getting it....it would have seemed more corrupt if a country like spain who only had it in 82 got it again over us.

I totally agree with it going to countries that have never hosted it before.

It's not the fact we haven't had it for 60 years or whatever. It isn't even about the fact Russia or Qatar have never hosted it before. It's about the fact each bidding nation is given set criteria and Englands bid for 2018 and the Oz and US bid for 2022 were the best bids based on that criteria. Those 3 nations gained 6 votes between them in the first round of voting. Don't give me the shit about us not having a god given right to host it we have a right because we gave FIFA the best bid. We would have given FIFA the biggest profit, we would have given FIFA the best stadia, we would have given FIFA the best worldwide legacy. Neither Russia nor Qatar will do a better job than we would have done.

de niro said:
germany had it twice in 32 years.

how odd.

Th only thing I find odd is the idea that at anytime in the last 3 decades at least England were ready, able and willing to hold the World Cup.

The common POV seems to be that in 2006 we weren't ready and the English FA, Govt, PL and FL pulled together with a much improved bid. That might be the case but so what?

The rest of the FIFA 'family' are not sat there waiting for England to have a bid good enough to support and vote for. Other countries have been building up support and relationships for years and years and we as a country seems to think that that shoudn't count for anything.

England have done too little in terms of FIFA and sucking up to the men who vote etc and we ignore the fact that they have a particular set of (perhaps corrupt) standards by which the arrange things.

And incidentally if we, as a footballing nation dont like the rules of the organisation then why do we still enter a national side into their tournaments?

i think we should qualify for the 2014 and just not turn up, dont tell them just go to our camp as usual and just as the opening ceremony closes fuck off back to blighty.
fucking chaos.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.