by 2026

de niro said:
i think we should qualify for the 2014 and just not turn up, dont tell them just go to our camp as usual and just as the opening ceremony closes fuck off back to blighty.
fucking chaos.

It seems that that is the way FIFA works so perhaps a dose of their own medicine is whats needed ;-)

We weren't ready to host the WC, but SA, Russia and now Quatar will be?

I said in Bigga's thread, we shouldn't have a devine right, but i'd like to think as a small gesture, England got to host the WC once every 50 years at least.

That way the sport that made Blatter the monumental fuckpig that he is and the governing bodies which can slash the entire career of of a great football player like Platini in months, can show their appreciation to the creators and allow each generation to have the oppourtunity of witnessing the pinacle of a sport the country created.

I saw Abramovich cheering in the Russia bid... he knows so much about football, he sacked Mourinho and brought in Scolari.

GStar said:
We weren't ready to host the WC, but SA, Russia and now Quatar will be?

I said in Bigga's thread, we shouldn't have a devine right, but i'd like to think as a small gesture, England got to host the WC once every 50 years at least.

That way the sport that made Blatter the monumental fuckpig that he is and the governing bodies which can slash the entire career of of a great football player like Platini in months, can show their appreciation to the creators and allow each generation to have the oppourtunity of witnessing the pinacle of a sport the country created.

I saw Abramovich cheering in the Russia bid... he knows so much about football, he sacked Mourinho and brought in Scolari.

and bought sturridge.

Think that Russia deserve it especially as a linesman from one of their satellite states was so influential in us winning in 1966.

We should have had goal-line technology I tell you!

Gutted about this i always hoped i would be young enough to enjoy a home world cup with my lads, not going to happen now, so i have to accept that, which i will, but what i cant accept, millions of us fans around the world who watch our game week in week out is being run by this vile, corrupt man. He has to be outed, everyone knows that but with all the bungs going on during this farce there is no chance of this happening, these people know who they are, shame on you, but do us all a favour and fuck off

I have no problem with FIFA taking the world cup to places that have never had it before and spreading football around the world.

But if that is what they intend to do they should have stated it at the start and not had other countries spend millions trying to get a competition they had no chance of getting.

But of course if they had done that they wouldn’t have had all the 5star corporate jollies all over the world, picking up all their freebies before finally taking the big bung from the “winner”

Ballet On Ice said:
I have no problem with FIFA taking the world cup to places that have never had it before and spreading football around the world.

But if that is what they intend to do they should have stated it at the start and not had other countries spend millions trying to get a competition they had no chance of getting.

But of course if they had done that they wouldn’t have had all the 5star corporate jollies all over the world, picking up all their freebies before finally taking the big bung from the “winner”

Spot on if the intention is to spread football around the world why let us spend £15 mill putting a bid in. If anything i think we should sue FIFA for our fucking £15 mill back.

It comes down to how much money the "FIFA Family" with the likes of Adidas, McD, Coca-Cola and the rest can make from the tournament. More money means more commercial sponsorship - commercial bribery on a huge scale. It's not just about the actual cash from the tournament but the long-term money to be made.

Holding the World Cup in the Gulf region opens up a big market of people with pots of cash and no real football alliance. It allows the (mainly US) corporates to be associated with something massive and attractive in the region and helps distance them from being part of the big war machine that is the US.

The majority of the "fans" going to the Qatar World Cup will be Arabs from Saudi, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Iraq, Iran. They will buy merchandise by the truck load, starting with their own country's kit until they get knocked out then buy another country's who look like winning or just as likely buy a new shirt for each match. They will spend money in the hotels in Qatar, will fly in for matches from Dubai/Abu Dhabi or will drive in from Saudi or Bahrain on the causeways. Prices will go through the roof because they will pay it. Anybody fancy trying to do it on the cheap and camping in 50C temperatures? And don't forget the humidity at that time of the year.

Meanwhile, I don't care about international football and it looks like 90% of the players couldn't give a toss despite what they might say in front of the camera - winning the Champions League is the career peak now. It's inferior to club football and the World Cup is a joke tournament. Only 4 or 5 out of 32 countries at the finals have got any prospect of winning it and most of the first group games only get interesting when there is a "car crash" situation like with the French in South Africa. At least we don't have the mouth-watering prospect of Bulgaria playing Paraguay in Plymouth to see who finishes bottom of the group - I'd have been gutted to miss out on that one.

By 2026 there will be a whole new set of fans, sorry that should be customers, for the FIFA family to exploit.

Now a handshake, as we all know, is not worth the paper it is written on, but you've got to admire 9 of the FIFA collegiate for having the cahones to shake hands with our heads of state, promising support for our bid whilst having their fingers crossed behind their backs.

I wonder what diplomatic fall out could ensure from that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.