By-Elections

Nearly 30% swing, that'll frighten the crap out of a very large number of Tory MPs.

Wonder if they'll call up Brady for a rule change or decide to let the liar in chief continue to take the flak for another 12 months?
The problem for them is if they don't get rid of him now then they will be 100% complicit in all his lies, bullshit and corruption and will be seen as such in the next General Election. They won't stand a chance of reelection, even if they ditch him just before it. It needs to happen now if they are to stand a chance

Its like Brexit - nobody gives the same reason the same answer - Tory MP's and commentators tonight already conceding defeat but they can't give a consistent reason for why - its the PM who's name they dare not speak lol.

I think he is away playing world leader at a really bad time - the byelections were probably timed to coincide with the Brexit anniversary and him attending the Commonwealth Conference but in doing so he is away and can't intervene personally in plots against him. Wonder if he will fly back early?
Electoral liability not wanted by candidates to campaign in a by-election, still won't resign.

The problem for them is if they don't get rid of him now then they will be 100% complicit in all his lies, bullshit and corruption and will be seen as such in the next General Election. They won't stand a chance of reelction, even if they ditch him just before it. It needs to happen now if they are to stand a chance
I just cannot see that happening. Irrespective of the fact that they’ve only recently had a vote of confidence, which he won, the way the party is split, in terms of left and centre v right, means that there just aren’t the numbers to dethrone him. Nobody on the right has his General Election appeal and they’re more frightened of seeing Brexit reversed than making the Cabinet more representative or even losing in say 2024. I expect them to keep him in place but to see even more legislation now that pushes the country to the right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.