By-Elections

Hope?

I’ve got a scab that is taking too long to heal, so wanted to send a picture over for a doctor to look at.

Turns out I can’t. I need to make an appointment. So I did.

In July. 4 weeks from the time of request.

Surely it makes more sense for a surgery to allow people to send photos over for doctors to look at. It’d be a quick win.

My GP uses exactly this system .....speak to a receptionist (who does the triage thingy) , they send you a link, upload up to 6 photos and a description of your symptoms and they come back to you with either an appointment / prescription or referral .

Works

I just cannot see that happening. Irrespective of the fact that they’ve only recently had a vote of confidence, which he won, the way the party is split, in terms of left and centre v right, means that there just aren’t the numbers to dethrone him. Nobody on the right has his General Election appeal and they’re more frightened of seeing Brexit reversed than making the Cabinet more representative or even losing in say 2024. I expect them to keep him in place but to see even more legislation now that pushes the country to the right.

There is no loyalty in politics. His cronies are backing him to keep the top jobs and will have known beforehand the likely result of the vote of no confidence.

Only when the opportunity to take over is truly available will they start to shark him. What people should take from this is that the Tories will only be worth considering voting for when all of those that backed Boris are gone from the party.

My GP uses exactly this system .....speak to a receptionist (who does the triage thingy) , they send you a link, upload up to 6 photos and a description of your symptoms and they come back to you with either an appointment / prescription or referral .

Works
Same at mine, seems to be a lot of disparity between different practices.

There is no loyalty in politics. His cronies are backing him to keep the top jobs and will have known beforehand the likely result of the vote of no confidence.

Only when the opportunity to take over is truly available will they start to shark him. What people should take from this is that the Tories will only be worth considering voting for when all of those that backed Boris are gone from the party.
Perhaps, but as I’ve pointed out before, the people that are in the Cabinet would not be where they are without him and they know it, which is why there will be no stalking horse from there. There isn’t one that you could point to and say they are leadership material and could galvanise the party, and there are too many MPs on the right to allow a Centrist or Wet to lead. You’re stuck with them until the English electorate decides otherwise.

Plenty more rope will be made available for this government to hang itself if the pm lasts another 12 months. They aren’t in control, strikes occurring in different sectors, fuel bills hitting in the autumn and the elephant in the room which is brexit clearly not working. When their ideas to keep the gammons inside is sending migrants to Rwanda, then convincing unemployed people they can buy their house you know the game is up.

Labour win was no shock, still the swing is a good result for the party and boost for starmer

Tiverton is the result of the night though, and tories in traditional held southern seats need to worry that people are not settling for the usual bullshit from them.

Plenty more rope will be made available for this government to hang itself if the pm lasts another 12 months. They aren’t in control, strikes occurring in different sectors, fuel bills hitting in the autumn and the elephant in the room which is brexit clearly not working. When their ideas to keep the gammons inside is sending migrants to Rwanda, then convincing unemployed people they can buy their house you know the game is up.
The country is now sliding inexorably towards recession as well.

Nice news to wake up to. Always thought they’d lose both seats, but not by this margin. Dowden’s resignation the icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Labour win was no shock, still the swing is a good result for the party and boost for starmer

Tiverton is the result of the night though, and tories in traditional held southern seats need to worry that people are not settling for the usual bullshit from them.
Tiverton and Honiton is one of the most incredible results ever. If the Liberal Democrats and Labour can maintain this non-aggression pact, then the apparently impossible, overturning an enormous majority in 2024, might, just might, be possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.