Bye Bye Kolo

Played as well as he could no wonder he was pissed off but It was a tactical change and i hope he understands, we don't NEED him at the club how ever we Do Need his brother! Missed yaya big time today

Hoping we can find another quality back up, or atleast rotation player for Kompany. He will be difficult to replace that is for sure. Not only for his physical ability on the pitch, but the type of leadership/motivator others have spoke about in the locker room.

Was reading in the evening news last week mancini saying he should have bought another central defender in the January transfer window but really expected Kompany back sooner. Can't understand why he wants another centre half when he had Nast, Kolo and Lescott and can even play Garcia there for the odd game. Strange thought process when I think we needed other areas strenghtening first. Kolo has been excellent since his return.

Let's not forget that for long spells this season and last, Mancini has treated Kolo Toure really badly, leaving him completely out of squads and acting as if he doesn't exist. It has riled me for quite a while as I've always thought that he's a decent option. Sometimes he can get caught out of position, but his general effort and appetite for a challenge often makes up for it and he is one of the few talkers/organisers we have in the whole squad.

My level of respect for Kolo went up today. He played like it meant something to him even though he's gone in the summer.

The players around him were curling up in a ball and counting the minutes until final whistle.

Kolo Toure was immense today and a great leader as always but i cannot rationalize or justify his action when he was subsituted.

Although it is understandable to be dissapointed, he should have controlled and consoled himself by the awareness of the fact that is was strictly a tactical decison by the management to substitute him at that time.

But Kolo toure is a very underrated player in my opinion. I believe he is still quicker than most out there, despite his age and is also a fantastic footballer that can actually play midfield or even more advanced than that.

Its in the toure gene:intelligent, athletic and versatile footballers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.