Cadbury Chocolate

It's a bit more expensive and sometimes tricky to find but Tonys chocolate is excellent.

When I eat chocolate (which is pretty rare these days) I stick to Ritter Sport. Used to stock up on it after German away days, but readily available over here now.
I love a trip to Lidl to stock up on Ritter Sport (the peppermint is like having a block of After Eight's) and a packet of bratwurst.

Up to about 15 years ago I was involved in research into chocolate structure and texture - the industry is quite secretive so I don't know how much things have moved on from there. However, based on that experience I can say that UK type Milk Chocolate is made using Chocolate Crumb whereas Belgium type Milk Chocolate is made using milk powder. I'd guess that most of the multinational chocolate producers have tried to find ways of replicating the UK style chocolate using powdered milk. The crumb process involves mixing sugar, milk and cocoa liquor in a vacuum cooker / evaporator. The eventual outcome is something looking like a pale Cadbury Flake but quite dry and brittle This is milled down and refined within the chocolate process. The production of crumb introduces a caramel flavour element and also results in a smoother, though perhaps a bit more "clawy" texture. Nestle have a chocolate crumb making facility not far from me in Girvan, South Ayrshire, taking milk from Ayrshire dairy farmers. That factory makes crumb for the UK and, I think, Canadian market. Relatively few countries use the crumb process.

More basic information on Chocolate crumb -
https://meadowfoods.co.uk/chocolate-crumb-the-unsung-hero-of-british-chocolate/

Cadbury was my favourite as a kid. As I have got older now prefer galaxy
They've ruined Galaxy lately though haven't they? Well they have to my taste buds anyway. I used to love it but over recent years its changed and just doesn't taste the same at all.

Here in Malaysia we get it imported from Australia and the UK. There really is no contest. One time I accidentally bought an Australian Twirl and it was shite. Same with Mars. The local Mars bar or Galaxy is nowhere near as good as the stuff imported from the UK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.