Caglar Soyuncu

That's not to do with high line.

You can have a high line with an average press, it's what we did with Pellegrini and is typical of Rodgers' sides.

The graph has low block included with the press which means a deeper defensive line (whether that is correct data is a conversation with the creator of the graph). From what I have seen Leicester seem to use a mixture depending on who they play against which puts then close to average. Against weaker teams they do use a high line but against the top teams they sit very deep. They did not use a high line versus us last year under Rodgers.

You could make a case for signing all of the Leicester back 4 barring JFE, who arguably is having a better season than Stones.

Why can’t we just have good scouting and find a raw talent like this for cheap?

It shouldn’t be that hard to find a tall CB who is strong and confident in the air and can pass well amongst all the other leagues. Everybody else is finding them but we are paying 40m+ almost every year on CBs

It shouldn’t be that hard to find a tall CB who is strong and confident in the air and can pass well amongst all the other leagues. Everybody else is finding them but we are paying 40m+ almost every year on CBs
There must be something seriously wrong with our CB scouting. Laporte is the only top class CB we have bought in 11 years. Its concerning considering how important the position is. Mangala who barely could pass the ball for £42m just summed up our CB identification. Otamendi and Stones for combined £80m is hardly outstanding either.

But we have no problem getting top class midfielders, forwards with very good prices. Its bizarre.

We were already linked to Soyuncu two seasons ago before he ended up going to Leicester. We'll have people looking at all the most promising players around Europe, but ultimately, rather than look to bring someone in and develop them, we will go for the 'safe' option and blow £50m+ for them in the process.

I'm in full agreement with you and it's got to the point where I find signings like this more tedious than anything to be honest. The club (and a lot of our fans) seem to get so sensitive over people pointing out our big spending, but it will exactly be deals like this which give people a stick to beat the club with.

I can see how this all plays out. We'll try and sign him, thinking we can get him for £45m, only to be shocked when Leicester demand £70m+ for him. We spend the entire summer haggling and either sign him for an extortionate fee he's not worth, or brief some dross to the media when we miss him.

If he does leave Leicester, they'll then go and sign someone like Ben White from Brighton (currently on loan to Leeds) for £20m - who i've said we should be looking at now - and he'll go on to become an English international and we'll then try and sign him for £70m a couple of seasons down the line when the latest error prone, £50m CB we've signed turns out to not be good enough.

From what I’ve seen of him this season he’s an excellent centerback, but it’s still quite annoying that we can’t do better than identifying another Leicester player as our top target in a position. Unless this mystery (and implausible) release clause is real he’s completely unobtainable in January and then only for Maguire money in the summer. I don’t know if he’s that good or not, but considering how many positions we’re going to have to buy for maybe we should look a little harder.
We on here are looking at him but I would imagine city already have a centre half who we haven’t even looked at on the horizon . Even though these Leicester players are top draw we will get smashed to bits over any transfers with them . They are rich ambitious not in debt so they won’t sell cheap

We were already linked to Soyuncu two seasons ago before he ended up going to Leicester. We'll have people looking at all the most promising players around Europe, but ultimately, rather than look to bring someone in and develop them, we will go for the 'safe' option and blow £50m+ for them in the process.

I'm in full agreement with you and it's got to the point where I find signings like this more tedious than anything to be honest. The club (and a lot of our fans) seem to get so sensitive over people pointing out our big spending, but it will exactly be deals like this which give people a stick to beat the club with.

I can see how this all plays out. We'll try and sign him, thinking we can get him for £45m, only to be shocked when Leicester demand £70m+ for him. We spend the entire summer haggling and either sign him for an extortionate fee he's not worth, or brief some dross to the media when we miss him.

If he does leave Leicester, they'll then go and sign someone like Ben White from Brighton (currently on loan to Leeds) for £20m - who i've said we should be looking at now - and he'll go on to become an English international and we'll then try and sign him for £70m a couple of seasons down the line when the latest error prone, £50m CB we've signed turns out to not be good enough.
Agree about Ben white he is fantastic and in two years will be £50 million easy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.